Macedonia (Republic of, FYROM) Digital TV News
22 of 27 EU countries implement analogue TV switch-off by end-2012
Mar 11, 2013 — The Yearbook recently published by the European Audiovisual Observatory showed that the year 2012 was a significant watershed for digital terrestrial television in the European Union with a total of 22 EU member States having hit the recommended digital switchover deadline.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Digital TV, EU, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Market Research, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Terrestrial, Turkey
MaxTV IPTV passes the 70,000 subscriber mark in Macedonia
Feb 14, 2013 — With its unique MaxTV service, Makedonski Telekom achieved excellent market results. Makedonski Telekom has announced that it now has more than 70,000 MaxTV customers. Launched four years ago, MaxTV is now the pay TV market leader in Macedonia.
News categories: Makedonski Telekom, IPTV, Macedonia, Subscribers
High Definition channels in Europe on the up
Mar 29, 2012 — Recent data from the MAVISE TV database, developed by the European Audiovisual Observatory, shows the current status of the European television market. MAVISE contains data on the EU markets plus the candidates Croatia, Macedonia and Turkey.
News categories: MAVISE, European Audiovisual Observatory, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Market Research, MIPTV, Mobile, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Terrestrial, Turkey, UK
BoomTV in Macedonia has 11,000 users at end-2009
Feb 25, 2010 — The Telekom Slovenia Group (Telekom Slovenije, d.d.) [Ljubljana:TLSG] has released its business report for 2009. At end-2009, Ipko in Kosovo had nearly 43,000 digital cable TV connections and BoomTV in Macedonian had over 11,000 television users.
News categories: Telekom Slovenije, BoomTV, Ipko, Aneks, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, IPTV, Kosovo, Macedonia, Results, Slovenia, Subscribers
Magyar Telekom Sat TV up 35k and IPTV up 14k in 4Q09
Feb 25, 2010 — Magyar Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has reported results for 2009. The total number of TV customers at the end of 2009 was 630,000, up by 174,000 from a year earlier and up 46,000 in the quarter.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Subscribers
SiOL TV reaches 105k subscribers in Slovenia at end-3Q09
Nov 20, 2009 — The Telekom Slovenia Group (Telekom Slovenije, d.d.) [Ljubljana:TLSG] has released its business report for 3Q 2009. In Slovenia, the number of SiOL TV subscribers was up 59% on a year earlier to pass 105,000 at the end of the period.
News categories: Telekom Slovenije, Cable TV, IPTV, Kosovo, Macedonia, Results, Slovenia, Subscribers
Eastern Europe Satellite Pay TV Launch Frenzy Continues
Nov 13, 2009 — The latest analysis from Screen Digest focused on the Central and Eastern European pay-TV market shows that the recent rapid growth in new satellite TV market entrants in Central and Eastern Europe shows no signs of slowing down.
News categories: Screen Digest, Digital TV, Macedonia, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Slovakia, Ukraine
Viaccess secures BoomTV DTT in Macedonia
Nov 12, 2009 — Viaccess (Paris and NYSE: FTE) has announced that Boom TV, the leading premium pay-TV operator in Macedonia, has selected Viaccess conditional access platform to secure its programming broadcast on its digital terrestrial television nationwide.
News categories: Viaccess, BoomTV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Macedonia, Terrestrial
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results