Poland Digital TV News
Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
May 14, 2013 — Vivendi has released its first quarter 2013 results. At the end of March 2013, Canal+ Group’s total subscription portfolio was up 285,000 year-on-year, thanks to good performances in the Canal+ Overseas territories, in particular in Africa and Vietnam.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, GVT, Africa, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
Orange passes 6 million pay TV customer mark in 1Q 2013
Apr 24, 2013 — France Telecom-Orange (NYSE:FTE) has released results for the first quarter of 2013. In France, digital TV grew 14.3% year on year to 5.208 million customers at 31 March 2013, while in Poland the number of digital TV customers rose 5.4% to 699,000.
News categories: Orange, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers
NC+ satellite TV launches in Poland
Mar 21, 2013 — The combined satellite TV service, NC+, replacing Cyfra+ from Canal+ and 'n' from TVN has launched in Poland. There are 6 packages to choose from ranging from 70 channels with 17 channels of HD up to 130 channels with 50 channels of HD along with VOD and multiroom.
News categories: NC+, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite
22 of 27 EU countries implement analogue TV switch-off by end-2012
Mar 11, 2013 — The Yearbook recently published by the European Audiovisual Observatory showed that the year 2012 was a significant watershed for digital terrestrial television in the European Union with a total of 22 EU member States having hit the recommended digital switchover deadline.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Digital TV, EU, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Market Research, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Terrestrial, Turkey
Vivendi (Canal+, GVT, nc+) releases 2012 results
Feb 26, 2013 — Vivendi has released its 2012 results. Launched commercially in January 2012, the number of subscribers for GVT's pay-TV service reached 406,000 at the end of 2012. Canal+ France had 11.363 million subscriptions at the end of the year.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, GVT, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite
Netia TV subscribers in Poland up 56% in 2012 to 79,285
Feb 21, 2013 — Poland's Netia (WSE: NET) has announced results for the period ended December 31, 2012. Netia’s TV services reached 79,285 at year-end, growing by 56% from 50,712 at December 31, 2011 and by 9% from 72,805 at September 30, 2012.
News categories: Netia, IPTV, Poland, Results, Subscribers
Liberty Global adds 920,000 digital cable subscribers in 2012
Feb 13, 2013 — Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced results for the three months ended December 31, 2012. The company finished 2012 with a digital video base of 9.1 million RGUs, adding 920,000 digital cable RGUs during the year.
News categories: Liberty Global, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, MMDS, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Poland's E-CHO ISP deploys nangu.TV platform for IPTV and VOD
Jan 16, 2013 — nangu.TV has announced that Polish ISP, E-CHO, has purchased nangu.TV’s Media Platform to provide an IPTV system over a managed network that allows customers to connect via their set-top box.
News categories: nangu.TV, E-CHO, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Poland
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision