IBC (International Broadcasting Convention) 2013: September 13-17, 2013: RAI Convention Centre, Amsterdam
Dune HD and MWare Deliver End-to-End IPTV Solution for Content Providers
Sep 10, 2012 — A new partnership announced at IBC between Dune HD and MWare will make it easier for content providers and operators to deliver IPTV programming to subscribers and monetize their assets.
News categories: Dune HD, MWare Solutions, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
TiVo chooses ACCESS NetFront Living Connect media sharing solution
Sep 10, 2012 — ACCESS CO. has announced that TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has chosen ACCESS’ NetFront™ Living Connect media sharing solution to allow consumers with a TiVo® Premiere DVR to enjoy content from PCs, NAS devices, tablets, smartphones and other connected devices on their main TV.
News categories: ACCESS CO, TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, DLNA, Home Networking, Home Server, IBC, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Freesat+ box gets interactive with Opera
Sep 10, 2012 — Humax showcased its web-ready Freesat+ box at IBC in Amsterdam. With the implementation of the Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK), Humax’s Freesat+ box provides Freesat’s newly launched service, <free time>, an HTML5-based backwards EPG.
News categories: Opera Software, Freesat, Humax, Digital TV, IBC, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Verimatrix Selects Arxan Content Protection to Secure Streaming Content across Desktop and Mobile Platforms
Sep 10, 2012 — Arxan® Technologies has announced that Verimatrix has selected Arxan’s GuardIT and EnsureIT code hardening products for desktop and mobile/embedded environments to deliver tamper-resistance and self-protection for its ViewRight® Web client.
News categories: Arxan, Verimatrix, Apps, Content Protection, IBC
Sigma Designs Launches Two Media Processors With Integrated Home Connectivity
Sep 9, 2012 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the introduction of its SMP8680 and SMP8682 media processors, which deliver integrated HPNA connectivity for IPTV and hybrid Set-Top Boxes (STBs).
News categories: Digital TV, Home Networking, HomePNA, IBC, ICs, IPTV, Phoneline, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Inview enters German market with Altech SetOne
Sep 8, 2012 — Inview Technology has signed an exclusive deal with Altech SetOne to deploy its Smart TV platform across the DACH region. Inview will supply Altech SetOne with a complete IP platform that will be sold across its extensive range of DVB-S products.
News categories: Inview, SetOne, Digital TV, Germany, IBC, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Liberty Global Deploys Horizon Platform with Enabling Technologies From NDS
Sep 8, 2012 — NDS (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced the deployment of its solutions as part of the Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) Horizon platform, initially deployed by Liberty Global’s cable operation UPC in the Netherlands.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC, Middleware, Netherlands
NAGRA announces reference platform for gateways and client devices
Sep 8, 2012 — NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the availability of its HomeCruise reference platform, an 'off-the-shelf' solution for gateways and other media streaming devices that allows faster-time-to-market for new pay-TV services.
News categories: NAGRA, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, IBC, Middleware
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results