TV Everywhere / Multiscreen (Smartphone, Tablet, …) News
Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
May 16, 2013 — According to a survey from market research firm Infonetics, broadband data, IPTV, WiFi hotspot access, and VoIP are the main applications operator respondents are currently offering using a residential gateway.
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
May 15, 2013 — A new report from Juniper Research has found that by 2017, 2 billion mobile and tablet users will watch TV and video on their devices.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
May 15, 2013 — Belkin has announced the availability of its receiver accessory for Dyle™ mobile TV. Paired with the Dyle™ TV app, the receiver makes live broadcast television available, without an Internet connection, to iOS device users in 37 major markets across the USA.
News categories: Belkin, Dyle, Apps, ATSC Mobile DTV, Digital TV, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
May 14, 2013 — Espial has announced that Harvard International has shipped its View21® and Goodmans set-top boxes (STBs) throughout the U.K. powered by Espial STB client and multiscreen software solutions.
News categories: Espial, Harvard International, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK
TWC TV iOS app adds access to programming out of home
Apr 16, 2013 — Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) has announced that it will launch select Video On Demand and live programming outside the home on the new update to its TWC TV app for iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone and iPod iTouch. The programming is accessible over any WiFi connection.
News categories: Time Warner Cable, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
Adobe Reports U.S. Mobile Video Views Up 300% in 2012
Apr 10, 2013 — At the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) conference, Adobe Systems (Nasdaq: ADBE) released a broad set of industry data and insights about online video and ad consumption. The report shows that TV Everywhere adoption increased 12-fold in 2012 in the U.S.
News categories: Adobe Systems, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Second Screens Vying for TV Viewers' Attention
Apr 9, 2013 — According to new information from The NPD Group, nearly all (88 percent) U.S. households own at least one device that can be used as a second screen, with 87 percent of U.S. entertainment consumers reported to be using at least one second-screen device while watching television.
News categories: NPD Group, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet
Mongolia's SkyC&C deploys Minerva iTVFusion
Apr 8, 2013 — Minerva Networks has announced that SkyC&C, the largest broadband service provider in Mongolia, has deployed Minerva's iTVFusion to offer TV services within the region. The Minerva platform will enable SkyC&C to offer pay TV over its broadband and mobile networks.
News categories: Minerva Networks, SkyC&C, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Mongolia, TV Everywhere
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results