Bulgaria Digital TV News
'the W1' satellite TV launches in Bulgaria
Mar 14, 2013 — Telenor Satellite Broadcasting (TSBc) has announced the signing of a satellite transmission agreement with Neterra, a new direct-to-home (DTH), white-label, shared platform, called 'the W1', that offers pay-tv services in Bulgaria.
News categories: Telenor, Neterra, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Satellite
22 of 27 EU countries implement analogue TV switch-off by end-2012
Mar 11, 2013 — The Yearbook recently published by the European Audiovisual Observatory showed that the year 2012 was a significant watershed for digital terrestrial television in the European Union with a total of 22 EU member States having hit the recommended digital switchover deadline.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Digital TV, EU, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Market Research, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Terrestrial, Turkey
ZTE Delivers New IPTV Experience to Mtel Customers in Bulgaria
Mar 4, 2013 — ZTE (Hong Kong:0763.HK Shenzhen: 000063.SZ) has announced that it is providing its IPTV solution to Mobitel (Mtel). Mtel’s IPTV platform is now in commercial use delivering television services to TVs, PCs, tablets and mobile phones across Bulgaria.
News categories: ZTE, Mobitel, Telekom Austria, Bulgaria, Digital TV, DRM, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
Harris Secures Digital TV Transmission Contract with NURTS Digital EAD in Bulgaria
Nov 14, 2012 — NURTS Digital (formerly Towercom) has awarded Harris (NYSE:HRS) a contract to transition Bulgaria to DVB-T digital television. The project will spread services into more sparsely populated rural areas as the country moves towards analogue TV switch-off.
News categories: Harris, NURTS, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Terrestrial
CME Goes Over The Top with Alticast Throughout Central & Eastern Europe
Sep 6, 2012 — Alticast has announced that CME (Central European Media Enterprises) has chosen Alticast solutions to power new services such as OTT, DVB-T+OTT hybrid in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovak Republic and Slovenia.
News categories: Alticast, CME, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Terrestrial
Only 20% to 30% of European connected TVs are actually online
May 7, 2012 — The European Commission has presented a report on the application of its Audiovisual Media Services Directive (AVMSD). The report says that although many of the TV sets sold in Europe are connectable, only 20% to 30 % are actually online.
News categories: European Commission, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Market Research, Netherlands, OTT, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart TV, Spain, Sweden, UK
High Definition channels in Europe on the up
Mar 29, 2012 — Recent data from the MAVISE TV database, developed by the European Audiovisual Observatory, shows the current status of the European television market. MAVISE contains data on the EU markets plus the candidates Croatia, Macedonia and Turkey.
News categories: MAVISE, European Audiovisual Observatory, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Market Research, MIPTV, Mobile, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Terrestrial, Turkey, UK
EU Court of Justice rules against prohibitions on the import, sale or use of foreign decoder cards
Oct 4, 2011 — A system of licences for the broadcasting of football matches which grants broadcasters territorial exclusivity on a Member State basis and which prohibits television viewers from watching the broadcasts with a decoder card in other Member States is contrary to EU law.
News categories: Court of Justice, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Regulation, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps