Austria Digital TV News
ORS to use Neotion CAM and Irdeto Media Protection for DVB-T2 service in Austria
Apr 12, 2013 – Austrian Broadcasting Services (ORS) has selected Neotion as technical partner for the launch of its new nationwide terrestrial TV service, called simpliTV. The simpliTV bouquet is based on DVB-T2 standard and Irdeto Media Protection.
News categories: NEOTION, Irdeto, simpliTV, Austria, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Smart card / CAM, Terrestrial
Sky Deutschland customer base up 351,000 in 2012
Feb 28, 2013 – Sky Deutschland has released 2012 full-year results. Sky's customer base grew by 351,000 (or 12%) to 3,363,000 at year's end. The number of Sky+ customers increase by 126% to 929,000.
News categories: Sky Deutschland, Austria, Germany, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Liberty Global adds 920,000 digital cable subscribers in 2012
Feb 13, 2013 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced results for the three months ended December 31, 2012. The company finished 2012 with a digital video base of 9.1 million RGUs, adding 920,000 digital cable RGUs during the year.
News categories: Liberty Global, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, MMDS, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Net Insight wins contract with ORS for DVB-T2 distribution in Austria
Aug 28, 2012 – Net Insight (OMX Stockholm: NETI B) has announced a contract with ORS to distribute DVB-T2 signals across Austria. The first phase of the rollout is based on more than 40 Nimbra 680 nodes and will begin in the third quarter of 2012.
News categories: Net Insight, Österreichische Rundfunksender, TV-Connect, Austria, DVB-T2, Infrastructure, Terrestrial
Liberty Global Reports Second Quarter 2012 Results
Aug 2, 2012 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012. Video subscriber losses were 83,000 and 169,000 for the three and six months ended June 30, 2012, respectively.
News categories: Liberty Global, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, MMDS, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Liberty Global Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
May 10, 2012 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced results for the three months ended March 31, 2012. Liberty Global expects commercial deployment of its Horizon platform to begin in Q3 in the Netherlands, followed by Switzerland.
News categories: Liberty Global, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, MMDS, Netherlands, Personal Video Recorder, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Only 20% to 30% of European connected TVs are actually online
May 7, 2012 – The European Commission has presented a report on the application of its Audiovisual Media Services Directive (AVMSD). The report says that although many of the TV sets sold in Europe are connectable, only 20% to 30 % are actually online.
News categories: European Commission, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Market Research, Netherlands, OTT, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart TV, Spain, Sweden, UK
Digital TV conversion slows in Western Europe
Apr 12, 2012 – Western Europe will not reach full digital TV penetration until 2017, despite penetration being as high as 85% by end-2011, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, Switzerland, Terrestrial, UK
- Cisco in 30 million Pay TV homes in India
- HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
- VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
- The days of fast global pay TV revenue growth are over
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- STMicroelectronics to showcase Set-Top Box IC portfolio at CommunicAsia 2013
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store