Broadcasting (cable, satellite, terrestrial, mobile, IP) News
Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
May 21, 2013 — Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has unveiled its Xbox One, an all-in-one gaming and entertainment system. At Microsoft's headquarters, the company has showcased how Xbox One puts the user at the center for games, TV, movies, music, sports and Skype.
News categories: Xbox, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box
Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
May 21, 2013 — Elemental Technologies has announced that Canby Telcom has chosen Elemental systems to help with creation of a channel on the Roku® streaming platform for over-the-top (OTT) delivery of local broadcast channels to subscribers.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Canby Telcom, Roku, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, The Cable Show, TV Everywhere, USA
Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
May 21, 2013 — Xstream has announced that Pathé Thuis, one of Holland’s leading online video-on-demand services, has selected Xstream to implement and deliver Widevine DRM for iOS and Android content delivery.
News categories: Widevine, Xstream, Pathé Thuis, Content Protection, DRM, Netherlands, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
May 20, 2013 — SKY, the largest subscription-TV operator in Brazil, has launched #SKYREC, a new service for subscribers of SKY HD. This service enables the recording of programs on the decoder with just one re-tweet.
News categories: SKY Brasil, AgênciaClick Isobar, Brazil, Digital TV, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite
TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
May 20, 2013 — TDS Telecommunications (TDS®) has announced that it has updated their TDS TV Microsoft® Mediaroom® platform to version 2.3. TDS TV customers with Mediaroom gain more than a dozen new features and options, giving them more control over their TV-watching experience.
News categories: TDS Telecom, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
May 20, 2013 — Telekom Malaysia (TM) has announced that its IPTV service - HyppTV - will be available nationwide and on multiple platforms with the introduction of its latest offerings - HyppTV Over Broadband and HyppTV Everywhere.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia
Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
May 16, 2013 — According to a survey from market research firm Infonetics, broadband data, IPTV, WiFi hotspot access, and VoIP are the main applications operator respondents are currently offering using a residential gateway.
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
May 16, 2013 — Cooperation between ITU and the IEC has produced a metadata standard to enable rights information interoperability in IPTV services. The standard provides a framework for communicating data to ensure that multimedia content can be shared legally across different platforms.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, International Electrotechnical Commission, IPTV
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps