Germany Digital TV News (Digital Fernsehen Nachrichten Deutschland)
LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
Nov 29, 2013 – LOVEFiLM has announced the arrival of the LOVEFiLM Instant streaming application on PlayStation®4 - Sony's next generation video games console. The app allows film and TV fans to access the latest entertainment from the LOVEFiLM Instant catalogue.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Sony Computer Entertainment, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, OTT, UK
LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on Xbox One
Nov 22, 2013 – Members of LOVEFiLM can now access thousands of films and TV shows from the LOVEFiLM Instant streaming catalogue on Xbox One, Microsoft's new generation all-in-one gaming and entertainment system.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, OTT, UK
Deutsche Telekom adds iPhone support for Entertain to Go service
Nov 21, 2013 – Deutsche Telekom has announced that an iPhone app for the portable version of its 'Entertain' IPTV service, 'Entertain to Go', is now available, with an Android version for smartphones and tablets scheduled for release in December.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Apps, Germany, IPTV, Multiscreen
Unitymedia KabelBW adds 9,300 digital video subscribers in 3Q 2013
Nov 6, 2013 – Unitymedia KabelBW has provided selected information for the period ended September 30, 2013. The company lost 21,700 video RGUs during the quarter. At October 31, the newly launched Horizon TV had a subscriber base of over 25,000.
News categories: Unitymedia KabelBW, Cable TV, Germany, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Sky Deutschland subscribers pass 3.5 million in 3Q 2013
Nov 5, 2013 – Sky Deutschland has announced its Q3 2013 results. The number of direct subscribers grew by 76,000 (Q3 2012: 79,900) to 3,529,000 customers (Q3 2012: 3,212,000) at the end of September.
News categories: Sky Deutschland, Austria, Germany, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Germany's HD+ adds 87,900 paying subscribers in 3Q 2013
Nov 4, 2013 – HD PLUS (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced subscriber figures for the third quarter of 2013. At September 30, 2013 the company had a customer base of 1,280,783 paying households, an increase of 87,899 customers in the quarter.
News categories: HD PLUS, Germany, Satellite, Subscribers
Media authorities release 2013 report on digitisation in Germany
Sep 10, 2013 – Germany's media authorities have released their ninth report on digitisation in the country. In mid-2013, some 19.2 per cent of German TV houses still watched analogue television only; around the same time last year, it was 22.2 per cent.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
SKY Italia subscribers down 27,000 in 2Q 2013
Aug 6, 2013 – Twenty-First Century Fox has reported results for the three months and full year ended June 30, 2013. SKY Italia experienced a net reduction of 27,000 subscribers during the quarter, bringing total subscribers to 4.76 million.
News categories: SKY Italia, Twenty-First Century Fox, Germany, Italy, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV