Italy Digital TV News
SKY Italia subscribers down another 51,000 in 1Q 2013
May 8, 2013 — News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has reported results for the three months ending March 31, 2013. SKY Italia experienced a net reduction of approximately 51,000 subscribers during the quarter, bringing total subscribers to 4.78 million.
News categories: Sky Italia, News Corp, Germany, Italy, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Satellite TV now reaching 8.2 million homes in Italy
Apr 18, 2013 — Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has revealed the first results of its new survey on TV reception modes and trends across its global footprint. Working in collaboration with Ipsos, Eutelsat announced that 8.2 million homes are now equipped with a Direct-to-Home antenna in Italy.
News categories: Eutelsat, Ipsos, Italy, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Gaming Consoles Lead Global Connected TV Usage
Apr 9, 2013 — With growing interest in streaming content, online gaming, and apps on TVs, households are increasingly finding ways to connect their TVs to the Internet. In several developed countries, game consoles have become the most popular way to make that connection, according to NPD DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Blu-ray, China, Digital TV, DVD, France, Games Console, Germany, Italy, Japan, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK, USA
TivùSat reaches 1.8 million active smart cards
Mar 4, 2013 — Italian satellite TV platform TivùSat has announced that it now has more than 1.8 million active smart cards in 1.5 million households. The regions with the highest penetration levels are Calabria, Liguria, Molise, Valle d’Aosta, Basilicata and Sicily.
News categories: Tivù, Italy, Satellite, Subscribers
Sky Italia subscribers down 28,000 in 4Q 2012
Feb 6, 2013 — News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has reported results for the three months ending December 31, 2012. SKY Italia experienced a net reduction of approximately 28,000 subscribers during the quarter, bringing total subscribers to 4.83 million.
News categories: Sky Italia, News Corp, Italy, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
TivùSat reaches 1.7 million active smart cards
Nov 20, 2012 — The Italian satellite TV platform TivùSat has announced that in November it had more than 1.7 million active smart cards in 1.43 million households, representing 5.6% of Italian families.
News categories: Tivù, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite, Subscribers
A sustained boom forecast for global online TV and video
Oct 31, 2012 — Global online TV and video revenues will reach $28.72 billion in 2017, a massive increase from the $3.79 billion recorded in 2010 and the $11.14 billion expected in 2012, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Canada, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Market Research, OTT, UK, USA
HyperTV and Civolution Provide Social Media Gaming to Sky Italia
Oct 9, 2012 — HyperTV and Civolution have announced their platform was recently chosen by Sky Italia to engage viewers with the first ever social media gaming experience related to X Factor 2012.
News categories: Civolution, HyperTV, Apps, Italy, Satellite, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps