Norway Digital TV News
Pace supplies gateway and client for GET's converged services platform
Mar 7, 2013 — Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it has commenced deliveries of its Media Gateway and client device platform to support new converged home services for GET subscribers in Norway.
News categories: Pace plc, GET, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Norway, Set Top Box
GET to Deliver a New Connected Entertainment Experience for Subscribers with Cisco Videoscape Unity
Mar 5, 2013 — Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that GET, a cable operator in Norway, has selected the Cisco Videoscape™ Unity video services delivery platform for the next generation of its service, including personalized and synchronized TV across multiple devices.
News categories: Cisco Systems, GET, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Norway, TV Everywhere
Viasat Nordic satellite subscriber base continues to decline
Feb 13, 2013 — Modern Times Group (MTG) [Stockholm: MTGA, MTGB] has announced results for the quarter ended 31 December 2012. Viasat's Nordic satellite subscriber base ended 2012 at 592,000, down from 603,000 at the end of the previous quarter and from 638,000 at the end of 2011.
News categories: Modern Times Group, Baltics, Finland, Norway, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden, Ukraine
Canal Digital subscribers down 20,000 in 2012
Feb 13, 2013 — Telenor has reported results for the fourth quarter of 2012. The company finished 2012 with 945,000 subscribers to its Canal Digital pay TV services, down from 965,000 at the end of 2011.
News categories: Telenor, Canal Digital, Cable TV, Finland, IPTV, Norway, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden
TeliaSonera adds 155,000 TV subscribers in 2012
Jan 31, 2013 — Teliasonera has released its year-end report for the January-December 2012 period. The total number of TV subscriptions increased by 155,000 from the fourth quarter of 2011 and by 43,000 during the quarter to 1.3 million.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
Accedo and Viaplay launch media service for Xbox in Nordic region
Dec 20, 2012 — Accedo and Viaplay, the Nordic online streaming service, have announced the launch of Viaplay on Xbox in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. The new media app gives access to Viaplay's content offering through the games console.
News categories: Accedo, Viaplay, Xbox, Apps, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Games Console, Norway, OTT, Sweden
RiksTV Uses Ekioh Engines to Launch OTT Services in Norway
Nov 20, 2012 — Ekioh has announced that RiksTV have launched a range of new services in Norway using Ekioh’s SVG & HTML engines. The Ekioh engines are at the heart of two new digital hybrid set-top boxes manufactured by Strong which are being sold to Norwegian customers through the retail market.
News categories: Ekioh, RiksTV, Strong Technologies, Digital TV, Middleware, Norway, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Philips makes Viaplay available on Smart TVs
Oct 4, 2012 — Philips and Viaplay have signed an agreement for the launch of Viaplay across the Nordic countries on Philips Smart TV platform. Users with a Viaplay subscription will be able to access the service directly through their Philips smart TV.
News categories: Philips, Viaplay, Denmark, Finland, Norway, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results