Personal Video Recorder / Digital Video Recorder (PVR, DVR, DTR) News
Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
May 20, 2013 — SKY, the largest subscription-TV operator in Brazil, has launched #SKYREC, a new service for subscribers of SKY HD. This service enables the recording of programs on the decoder with just one re-tweet.
News categories: SKY Brasil, AgênciaClick Isobar, Brazil, Digital TV, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite
DIGITALB selects Quadrille for its Push VOD services
Apr 16, 2013 — DIGITALB has chosen Quadrille's QuadriFast™ solution to deploy Video On Demand (VOD) and Catch-Up-TV services in Albania. QuadriFast allows video content to be pushed over the satellite or terrestrial network to a set-top box to be then offered on demand to subscribers.
News categories: Quadrille, DIGITALB, Albania, Infrastructure, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Terrestrial
Cogeco Cable Launches Rovi Applications for Remote Access to TV Services
Apr 2, 2013 — COGECO Cable (TSX:CCA) and Rovi (NASDAQ:ROVI) have announced the launch of two interactive applications, Cogeco Remote Recorder powered by Rovi TV Listings and TotalGuide xD, that will provide Cogeco's subscribers with access to the TV schedules on their set-top PVR from web-enabled devices.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Cogeco, Apps, Cable TV, Canada, Personal Video Recorder
Broadcom Announces Cost-Optimized Cable HD Set-Top Box SoCs
Mar 21, 2013 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first low cost, HD digital cable set-top box SoCs with integrated Full-Band Capture and IP video server technology. Broadcom's BCM7583 and BCM7584 devices provide entry-level HD and HD-DVR platforms for cable MSOs.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, CCBN, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Personal Video Recorder, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Pixsan and Simple.TV Announce Strategic Partnership and initial Freeview integration
Mar 19, 2013 — Pixsan Digital Software has announced that is has partnered with Really Simple Software to bring Simple.TV to the European, Middle East and African markets. Pixsan also says it will be ready with a Freeview version of the Simple.TV DVR and service over the summer.
News categories: Pixsan, Simple.TV, Digital TV, Personal Video Recorder, Placeshifting, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere, UK
ONO Spain subscribers down 60,000 in 2012
Mar 14, 2013 — ONO in Spain has announced results for the fourth quarter and full year 2012. Fibre television customers decreased by 20 thousand in the quarter and 60 thousand in the year to reach 862 thousand as of December 31, 2012.
News categories: Grupo Corporativo ONO, Cable TV, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Spain, Subscribers
Aston ST-based MAYA HD satellite receiver targets MENA market
Mar 13, 2013 — Aston has announced the availability on the MENA market of its MAYA HD PVR satellite receiver. The new MAYA HD PVR Satellite receiver is built around the latest-generation HD H.264 STiH237 (Cardiff) decoder chipset from STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Aston, STMicroelectronics, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Aston and Mstar release State of the Art Satellite receiver at CABSAT
Mar 13, 2013 — Exclusively for CABSAT, Aston presents its new satellite receiver, XENA® HD Twin +, in card-less version. The XENA® HD Twin + is the outcome of a new partnership with MStar Semiconductor and Aston’s historic partnership with Viaccess.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, Viaccess, Conditional Access, HbbTV, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results