Sweden Digital TV News
Com Hem subscribers down 2,700 in 3Q 2013
Nov 28, 2013 – Com Hem has reported results for the third quarter of 2013. During the quarter the number of digital television subscriptions decreased by 2,700 (-0.4 percent) to 603,000 subscriptions, a decrease of 9,700 since the end of the third quarter of 2012.
News categories: Com Hem, Cable TV, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Sweden
Slingbox 350 now available in the UK and Nordic countries
Sep 27, 2013 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) is launching the Slingbox 350 in the UK and Europe, and it will be available to customers through leading online and high-street retailers beginning Friday 27th September.
News categories: Sling Media, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Placeshifting, Sweden, UK
Telenor Sweden selects IPTV set-tops from ARRIS
Sep 13, 2013 – Telenor Sweden will be deploying VIP2853 IPTV set-tops by ARRIS Group (NASDAQ: ARRS) as it grows its TV service and offers an enhanced experience for customers. Telenor will roll out the ARRIS set-tops into customers' homes in early 2014.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Telenor, Digital TV, IBCShow, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sweden
Canal Digital DTH down 3 thousand subscribers in 2Q 2013
Jul 23, 2013 – Telenor Group has reported results for the second quarter of 2013. The company finished the period with 934,000 subscribers to its Canal Digital pay TV services, down from 945,000 at the end of 2012 and down 3 thousand in the quarter.
News categories: Telenor, Cable TV, Finland, Norway, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden
TeliaSonera reports for the January-March 2013 period
Apr 19, 2013 – TeliaSonera has released its interim report for the January-March 2013 period. The total number of TV subscriptions rose by 131,000 from the first quarter of 2012. Adjusted for the divestment of NextGenTel, the number of subscriptions increased by 29,000 during the quarter.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
Telenor selects Ericsson for Multiscreen TV
Apr 4, 2013 – Telenor Sweden has partnered with Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) to ensure that Telenor Sweden's TV subscribers are able to enjoy a rich variety of interactive TV experiences across a complete range of devices.
News categories: Ericsson, Telenor, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, Sweden, TV Everywhere
TiVo reports results for its year ended January 31, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has reported results for its fourth quarter and year ended January 31, 2013. For the quarter, service and technology revenues were $65.7 million, which was the highest in TiVo's history. TiVo reported a net loss of $(15.8) million.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Set Top Box, Spain, Sweden, UK, USA
Verimatrix to Secure Com Hem Multiscreen Services With Hybrid VCAS™ Security
Feb 19, 2013 – Verimatrix and Com Hem have announced that the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System has been selected to secure Com Hem's multi-screen TV services scheduled to launch Spring 2013. The new service will be delivered via the TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) advanced television solution.
News categories: Verimatrix, Com Hem, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Sweden, TV Everywhere
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal