Sweden Digital TV News
TeliaSonera reports for the January-March 2013 period
Apr 19, 2013 — TeliaSonera has released its interim report for the January-March 2013 period. The total number of TV subscriptions rose by 131,000 from the first quarter of 2012. Adjusted for the divestment of NextGenTel, the number of subscriptions increased by 29,000 during the quarter.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
Telenor selects Ericsson for Multiscreen TV
Apr 4, 2013 — Telenor Sweden has partnered with Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) to ensure that Telenor Sweden's TV subscribers are able to enjoy a rich variety of interactive TV experiences across a complete range of devices.
News categories: Ericsson, Telenor, Infrastructure, Mobile, Sweden, TV Everywhere
TiVo reports results for its year ended January 31, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 — TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has reported results for its fourth quarter and year ended January 31, 2013. For the quarter, service and technology revenues were $65.7 million, which was the highest in TiVo's history. TiVo reported a net loss of $(15.8) million.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Set Top Box, Spain, Sweden, UK, USA
Verimatrix to Secure Com Hem Multiscreen Services With Hybrid VCAS™ Security
Feb 19, 2013 — Verimatrix and Com Hem have announced that the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System has been selected to secure Com Hem's multi-screen TV services scheduled to launch Spring 2013. The new service will be delivered via the TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) advanced television solution.
News categories: Verimatrix, Com Hem, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Sweden, TV Everywhere
Viasat Nordic satellite subscriber base continues to decline
Feb 13, 2013 — Modern Times Group (MTG) [Stockholm: MTGA, MTGB] has announced results for the quarter ended 31 December 2012. Viasat's Nordic satellite subscriber base ended 2012 at 592,000, down from 603,000 at the end of the previous quarter and from 638,000 at the end of 2011.
News categories: Modern Times Group, Baltics, Finland, Norway, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden, Ukraine
Canal Digital subscribers down 20,000 in 2012
Feb 13, 2013 — Telenor has reported results for the fourth quarter of 2012. The company finished 2012 with 945,000 subscribers to its Canal Digital pay TV services, down from 965,000 at the end of 2011.
News categories: Telenor, Canal Digital, Cable TV, Finland, IPTV, Norway, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden
TeliaSonera adds 155,000 TV subscribers in 2012
Jan 31, 2013 — Teliasonera has released its year-end report for the January-December 2012 period. The total number of TV subscriptions increased by 155,000 from the fourth quarter of 2011 and by 43,000 during the quarter to 1.3 million.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
Accedo and Viaplay launch media service for Xbox in Nordic region
Dec 20, 2012 — Accedo and Viaplay, the Nordic online streaming service, have announced the launch of Viaplay on Xbox in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. The new media app gives access to Viaplay's content offering through the games console.
News categories: Accedo, Viaplay, Xbox, Apps, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Games Console, Norway, OTT, Sweden
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results