New Zealand Digital TV News
New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
Dec 1, 2013 – New Zealand television is now a digital-only zone after the analogue signal was switched off by Broadcasting Minister Craig Foss, marking the end of a three year campaign to ensure New Zealand households were ready for the digital transition.
News categories: Digital TV, New Zealand, Terrestrial
Vodafone New Zealand unveils ultra fast broadband TV service
Oct 4, 2013 – Vodafone has unveiled New Zealand’s first, and only, full TV service using the new ultra fast broadband network. Vodafone TV gives customers a choice of Freeview|HD or SKY channels and 36 channels of pay per view movies, including recent releases, in HD.
News categories: Vodafone, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, New Zealand
EzyFlix.tv launches in New Zealand
Sep 5, 2013 – New Zealand entertainment lovers can now instantly stream and download the hottest international releases and watch them on any device, anytime, anywhere, following the launch of online service, EzyFlix.tv.
News categories: Access Digital Entertainment, EzyFlix.tv, Digital TV, DRM, New Zealand, OTT
SKY New Zealand reports results for the six months to 31 December 2012
Feb 22, 2013 – New Zealand's SKY Network Television Limited (ASX: SKT; NZX: SKT) has reported results for the six months to 31 December 2012. SKY Television ended 2012 with 827,445 DBS satellite subscribers, up from 826,125 at the end of 2011.
News categories: SKY Television, New Zealand, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
GlobeCast to Launch Australasia's First MPEG-4 Service on Optus D2
Oct 24, 2012 – GlobeCast Australia has announced an upgrade that will allow the company to deliver its customers the first MPEG-4 services on the Optus D2 DTH satellite platform. GlobeCast will commence its new MPEG-4 service with its channel partner RTS SAT.
News categories: GlobeCast, RTS SAT, Australia, New Zealand, Satellite
Kordia kicks off digital switch over in New Zealand
Sep 25, 2012 – On Sunday morning, Kordia engineers will begin the first of a series of switch-overs across New Zealand from analogue to digital television. The first regions to switch over will be the West Coast of the South Island, and Hawke's Bay.
News categories: Kordia, Digital TV, Infrastructure, New Zealand, Terrestrial
Asia Pacific Pay TV penetration to reach 67% in 2017
Sep 24, 2012 – The Digital TV Consultancy has announced that the 'Digital TV Asia Pacific 2012' report has been added to its Market Research store. According to the report, Asia Pacific is undergoing a digital TV boom.
News categories: The Digital TV Consultancy, Asia, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Oceania, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Subscribers, Taiwan, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
Pace Delivers Building Blocks for Sky New Zealand's IGLOO
Jul 16, 2012 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is providing the services and technology behind SKY New Zealand and TVNZ's new TV service, IGLOO. IGLOO will run Pace's Elements software platform on a Pace DVB-T2 DTT hybrid IP set-top box.
News categories: Pace plc, IGLOO, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Middleware, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4