Licensing (Patents, Royalties, …) News
Afghanistan issues digital broadcasting network licence to ACG
Aug 21, 2013 – Afghanistan's Ministry of Communications & Information Technology (MCIT) has announced that it has signed a contract with ACG for the change-over of the country's analogue TV to a digital system.
News categories: MCIT, ACG, Afghanistan, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Licensing, Terrestrial
HbbTV extends logo licensing to consumer devices
Aug 20, 2013 – The HbbTV Association has announced that it will license the HbbTV Logo to consumer electronics manufacturers. Any vendor selling an HbbTV device is now able to use the Logo on their device to indicate compatibility with the standard.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Digital TV, HbbTV, Licensing, Set Top Box, Smart TV
DDD and Samsung renew 3D video processing chip technology license agreement
Jul 25, 2013 – DDD Group (AIM: DDD; OTCQX: DDDGY) has renewed its license agreement with Samsung Electronics to include DDD's TriDef™ 2D to 3D technologies with Samsung's 3D video processing chips that are used in Samsung Smart TVs and other Samsung 3D consumer products.
News categories: DDD, Samsung, 3D, Licensing, Patent, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Google and MPEG LA Announce Agreement Covering VP8 Video Format
Mar 7, 2013 – Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) and MPEG LA have announced that they have entered into agreements granting Google a license to techniques that may be essential to VP8 and earlier-generation VPx video compression technologies under patents owned by 11 patent holders.
News categories: MPEG LA, Licensing, Media Player, Patent
Technicolor reports second half 2012 results
Feb 22, 2013 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has released its 2012 full year results. In the second half of 2012, Connected Home revenues totaled €671 million, up 29.9% at current currency and up 26.6% at constant currency compared to the second half of 2011.
News categories: Technicolor, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Gateway, Licensing, Patent, Results, Router, Satellite, Set Top Box
OpenTV files patent infringement lawsuit against Netflix
Dec 19, 2012 – OpenTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) in the United States District Court in Delaware. The lawsuit alleges that Netflix is infringing U.S patents owned by OpenTV.
News categories: OpenTV, Netflix, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Patent
Pace Sign License Agreement for Comcast Reference Development Kit (RDK)
Oct 17, 2012 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is licensing the Reference Development Kit (RDK) from Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK). The RDK is pre-integrated software that creates a common framework for powering tru2way®, IP or hybrid STBs and video gateways.
News categories: Pace plc, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Licensing, Middleware, OCAP, SCTE, Set Top Box, USA
Sisvel Advances Toward Formation of DVB-C2 Patent Pool
Sep 7, 2012 – Sisvel has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patents essential to the DVB-C2 standard for the purpose of creating a patent pool to offer licenses under their combined portfolio of patents.
News categories: Sisvel, Cable TV, DVB-C2, IBCShow, Licensing, Patent
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4