Avanci Broadcast adds ETRI, KPN, NEC & NERC-DTV as ATSC 3.0 IP licensorsMonday, May 22nd, 2023
Avanci Broadcast adds ETRI, KPN, NEC and NERC-DTV as Licensors
- One-stop Licensing Platform Expands to Over 80% of Essential Patent Families for the ATSC 3.0 Broadcasting Standard
DALLAS — Avanci Broadcast, the one-stop licensing platform for ATSC 3.0 launched in March 2023, today announced the addition of four new licensors, based in China, Japan, the Netherlands and South Korea.
The many talented researchers and inventors at ETRI, KPN, NEC and NERC-DTV have enabled those organizations to be significant contributors to the ATSC 3.0 / NextGenTV standard. Alongside the initial Avanci Broadcast licensors, they are collectively responsible for more than 80% of all families containing patents declared essential for ATSC 3.0.
Avanci Broadcast is an independent intermediary which streamlines the licensing process, offering makers of products such as TVs and set-top boxes a single agreement covering the ATSC 3.0 standard essential patents (SEPs) of all its licensors, avoiding the need to negotiate individual bi-lateral agreements with each.
Existing Avanci Broadcast licensees including LG Electronics, Samsung Electronics, Sharp and Sony are now also licensed to ATSC 3.0 SEPs of these new licensors at no additional cost, increasing the value of their license. For new licensees, Avanci Broadcast is currently offering enhanced terms for early adopters.
“We believe that our market-based solution supports the adoption and growth of NextGenTV by removing uncertainty around licensing,” said Ilkka Rahnasto, Senior Vice President at Avanci Broadcast. “We appreciate the trust and support of our newest licensors, as well as our existing partners.
Links: Avanci Broadcast
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store