Startimes Media launches Free-to-Air set top box in Kenya
Jun 4, 2013 – StarTimes Media has announced the introduction of its DVB-T2 free to air set top box to the Kenyan market. The free to air set top box will enable costumers to access digital television without a monthly subscription fee.
News categories: StarTimes, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Kenya, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
18 million DVB-T2 STBs set to ship in 2015
Apr 24, 2013 – According to ABI Research, if remaining analogue television shutoff timelines go largely as planned, over 18 million DVB-T2 STBs will ship in 2015.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
ORS to use Neotion CAM and Irdeto Media Protection for DVB-T2 service in Austria
Apr 12, 2013 – Austrian Broadcasting Services (ORS) has selected Neotion as technical partner for the launch of its new nationwide terrestrial TV service, called simpliTV. The simpliTV bouquet is based on DVB-T2 standard and Irdeto Media Protection.
News categories: NEOTION, Irdeto, simpliTV, Austria, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Smart card / CAM, Terrestrial
Afghanistan issues tender for the provision of DTT network
Apr 10, 2013 – The Afghanistan Telecom Regulatory Authority has released a tender for the provision of its digital terrestrial television broadcasting network. The bid closure date is June 10th 2013 at 16:00 Kabul time.
News categories: Afghanistan Telecom Regulatory Authority, Afghanistan, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Infrastructure, Terrestrial
Verimatrix helps TiVi S.A. future proof its DVB-T2 service in Haiti
Apr 9, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that TiVi S.A. has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for DVB to provide revenue security for its DVB terrestrial (DVB-T2), one-way network in Haiti.
News categories: Verimatrix, TiVi S.A, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Haiti, NABShow, Terrestrial
Croatia's evotv reaches 10,000 subscribers in first few weeks
Apr 8, 2013 – evotv, the digital terrestrial pay TV service from Croatian Post, has announced that it has reached 10,000 subscribers, only one and a half months after launch. The service uses DVB-T2 for transmission with coverage extending to 80% of Croatia's population.
News categories: evotv, Croatia, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Saudi Broadcasting Corporation Continues Migration to DVB-T2 Digital TV with Harris Broadcast
Mar 12, 2013 – Harris Broadcast has secured a new DVB-T2 transmission order from Saudi Broadcasting Corporation (SBC) as the country continues its transition to a national network of digital transmitters and satellite services. The latest phase of the program will add transmitters to sites in Aded and Yabren.
News categories: Harris Broadcast, DVB-T2, Infrastructure, Saudi Arabia, Terrestrial
Bwave and Ubiso to demonstrate licensable DVB-T2 demodulation IP at MWC 2013
Feb 15, 2013 – Tensilica has announced that Bwave and Ubiso will demonstrate the world's first licensable multi-standard DVB-T2 demodulation IP subsystem for digital televisions (DTV) based on Tensilica's ConnX BBE16 DSP at the Mobile World Congress.
News categories: Tensilica, Ubiso, Bwave, DVB-T2, MWC13, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Terrestrial
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA