Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
Dec 5, 2013 – Mongolia Digital Broadcasting (MNBC), working with systems integrator Digital Horizon, has launched Mongolia's first-ever DVB-T2 service, using headend systems from Thomson Video Networks.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Mongolia Digital Broadcasting, Digital Horizon, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Infrastructure, Mongolia, Terrestrial
DVB Steering Board Ratifies GSE-LITE Specification
Nov 20, 2013 – The DVB Steering Board has retified its new DVB-GSE-Lite specification. The DVB-GSE protocol allows for efficient encapsulation of IP and other network layer packets over the second generation DVB physical layer specifications.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB-C2, DVB-S2, DVB-T2
Silicon Labs introduces world’s most advanced DVB demodulators for TVs and Set-Top Boxes
Sep 23, 2013 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has introduced a new family of universal DVB demodulators that support the latest worldwide DVB standards for cable, terrestrial and satellite reception, designed to simplify the design of video front-ends for IDTVs and set-top boxes.
News categories: Silicon Labs, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Azerbaijan begins transition to DVB-T2 digital broadcasting
Aug 13, 2013 – Teleradio Production Association (PA), part of Azerbaijan's Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies (MCIT), has begun the conversion of digital television broadcast transmitters in the country from DVB-T to DVB-T2.
News categories: Teleradio, MCIT, Azerbaijan, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
AltoBeam and UMC demonstrate DVB-T2/T/C/S2/S demodulator
Jul 30, 2013 – AltoBeam and UMC (NYSE:UMC)(TWSE:2303) have announced the release of AltoBeam's DVB-T2/T/C/S2/S demodulator. The ATBM7812 utilizes UMC's proprietary URAM embedded memory technology on 300mm wafers to enable higher performance and smaller chip size.
News categories: AltoBeam, UMC, Cable TV, CommunicAsia, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Terrestrial
MaxLinear chosen by STMicroelectronics for DVB-T2 STB reference design
Jun 20, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced its cooperation with STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) on a DVB-T2 set-top box (STB) design for the emerging free-to-air and hybrid terrestrial STB markets in Europe and Southeast Asia.
News categories: MaxLinear, STMicroelectronics, DVB-T2, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Startimes Media launches Free-to-Air set top box in Kenya
Jun 4, 2013 – StarTimes Media has announced the introduction of its DVB-T2 free to air set top box to the Kenyan market. The free to air set top box will enable costumers to access digital television without a monthly subscription fee.
News categories: StarTimes, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Kenya, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
18 million DVB-T2 STBs set to ship in 2015
Apr 24, 2013 – According to ABI Research, if remaining analogue television shutoff timelines go largely as planned, over 18 million DVB-T2 STBs will ship in 2015.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal