Canal+ migrates EasyTV delivery to Ku-band with EnensysThursday, October 6th, 2022
CANAL+ INTERNATIONAL selects ENENSYS OneBeam Distribution solution for DVB-T2 network deployment in Africa
RENNES — ENENSYS Technologies, a leading provider of media delivery solutions, announces that it has delivered a complete upgrade of CANAL+ INTERNATIONAL for its EasyTV service in Africa. The operation consists in migrating the existing DVB-T2 network in Africa from a standard DVB-T2/T2MI over C-band delivery towards an OneBeam DVB-SIS over Ku-band delivery. Such migration enables CANAL+ INTERNATIONAL to generate significant OPEX satellite capacity saving by merging the DTT distribution with its existing DTH distribution. Using the Ku-band DTH Platform enables a very good DTT signal distribution while not impacted by 5G interferences is. ENENSYS OneBeam DVB-SIS allows for DVB T2 SFN Network operation and centralized regionalisation (different content per country).
The first phase started with Guinea-Conakry before being extended to major cities throughout several equatorial African countries (DRC, Congo, Ivory Coast & Cameroon).
The solution supplied includes:
- A fully redundant ‘OneBeam’ DVB-T2 distribution system that has enabled CANAL+ INTERNATIONAL to make use of their existing satellite DTH system to feed CANAL+ INTERNATIONAL’s existing & new DTT transmitters throughout equatorial African countries.
- Seamless switching between main and backup feeds
- EdgeProbe Advanced probes for monitoring transmitter sites (satellite inputs & terrestrial outputs)
The system has been supplied through AUCOM, the Sub-Saharan systems integrator and business partner of ENENSYS, after extensive testing by CANAL+ INTERNATIONAL teams.
Cedric Vialle, VP Broadcast & Set top box solution at CANAL+ INTERNATIONAL said “we are pleased to use this OneBeam solution by ENENSYS that has enabled us to adapt our DTH distribution to a DVB-T2 transport to our DTT transmitters efficiently. We also have been looking for an integrated monitoring solution that will help us in the maintenance and operation of all our Broadcast transmission and we are satisfied that the EdgeProbe solution meets this requirement”.
Didier Farcy, ENENSYS VP Sales for EMEA said “We are delighted that Canal+ International have selected the ENENSYS OneBeam solution for reusing its current DTH services as a source of DTT services. We have worked closely with Canal+ teams throughout their evaluation & trial of our solution. We were able to provide a complete solution meeting all of Canal+ International’s requirements, including SFN operation and monitoring”.
Villiers Joubert, CEO of AUCOM said “We are honoured that CANAL+ INTERNATIONAL has strengthen our relationship by appointing us again as their System Integrator in Africa for the deployment of ENENSYS OneBeam DVB-T2 solution for optimising their DTT transmission in Africa. As the local partner of ENENSYS in Sub-Saharan Africa, it has been a challenging yet fulfilling journey for me and my team for this first innovative solution deployment in the continent with Canal+ International’s expectations.
Links: Enensys; CANAL+ International; Aucom
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart