Malaysia Digital TV News
Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
May 20, 2013 — Telekom Malaysia (TM) has announced that its IPTV service - HyppTV - will be available nationwide and on multiple platforms with the introduction of its latest offerings - HyppTV Over Broadband and HyppTV Everywhere.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia
Maxis IPTV service with Astro on track to launch end-1Q 2013
Feb 26, 2013 — Malaysia's Maxis has released fourth quarter year 2012 results. After piloting Astro B.yond IPTV with Maxis Home Fibre Internet service in Maxis' own fibre footprint in December 2012, the company plans a full launch at the end of 1Q 2013.
News categories: Maxis, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, Results
Technicolor and Malaysia's Astro reinforce their cooperation
Oct 16, 2012 — Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that, further to the delivery of a first batch of MediaPlay HD MPEG-4 set-top boxes, Astro has granted Technicolor an additional contract for the same platform, to be delivered in the coming months.
News categories: Technicolor, Astro, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
TIME-Setia Haruman Fibre Collaboration Brings 100Mbps Internet Speeds to Cyberjaya
Oct 16, 2012 — TIME dotCom and Setia Haruman have announced they will collaborate to deploy 100% fibre services to new homes and offices in Cyberjaya, Malaysia's ICT hub, giving up to 100Mbps broadband and enabling subscription to TIME's Astro B.yond IPTV packages.
News categories: TIME dotCom, Setia Haruman, Fibre, IPTV, Malaysia
Asia Pacific Pay TV penetration to reach 67% in 2017
Sep 24, 2012 — The Digital TV Consultancy has announced that the 'Digital TV Asia Pacific 2012' report has been added to its Market Research store. According to the report, Asia Pacific is undergoing a digital TV boom.
News categories: The Digital TV Consultancy, Asia, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Oceania, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Subscribers, Taiwan, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
Maxis signs agreements with content partners for IPTV service in Malaysia
Jun 27, 2012 — Maxis has announced its partnership with 14 content providers, securing content for the company’s soon-to-be launched IPTV service. Maxis is planning to offer on-demand movies and series, Free-to-Air (FTA) channels, and interactive applications.
News categories: Maxis, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia
Irdeto multi-screen solution selected for Astro On-the-Go
Jun 19, 2012 — Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Astro has selected the company's patented Broadband multi-screen TV services and ActiveCloak™ for Media solutions to launch Astro On-the-Go (OTG), a new over-the-top (OTT) service for connected devices.
News categories: Irdeto, Astro, CommunicAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Malaysia, OTT
Malaysia's Astro launches 'Astro On-The-Go' for iPad
May 30, 2012 — Astro On-The-Go is initially available to Astro customers as a free preview on the iPad. The commercial roll out starts on 1 September 2012. During this phase, Astro On-The-Go will be extended to Android devices.
News categories: Astro, Malaysia, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market