DOCSIS (Data Over Cable Service Interface Specifications) News
CableLabs announces new generation of DOCSIS technology
Oct 30, 2013 – CableLabs has announced the availability of its DOCSIS 3.1 PHY and MULPI specifications. DOCSIS 3.1 technology will help operators continue to meet consumer demand for high speed connections and sophisticated applications.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
ST set-top box and home gateway chips receive DOCSIS 3.0 certification
Sep 11, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that it has achieved DOCSIS® 3.0 certification for its System-on-Chip (SoC) products addressing the cable-data gateway and interactive set-top box markets.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Cable TV, DOCSIS, IBCShow, Semiconductor
Broadcom launches HD DOCSIS 2.0 STB reference design for emerging markets
Jul 22, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a high definition (HD) and Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) 2.0 set-top box (STB) reference platform for operators in emerging markets.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
Jun 11, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a new single chip solution for cable headless gateways that delivers the fastest Data over Cable Interface Standard (DOCSIS) data rates, whole-home connectivity and an all-IP video experience.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, The Cable Show
Broadcom announces 1.6 gigabit hybrid video cable gateway SoC
Jun 5, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a hybrid cable gateway set-top box SoC. The platform is the first STB offering to combine DOCSIS 3.0 and Gigabit wireless gateway functionality with HEVC video decoders and a quad video transcoder onto a single piece of silicon.
News categories: Broadcom, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics launches first 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem ICs
Jan 4, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has revealed the first three chips in its new DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem IC family. These are believed to be the world's first DOCSIS 3.0 devices providing up to 16 downlink channels, with four uplink channels.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, ICs, Semiconductor
Motorola Android-Based Home Entertainment Device Launches with WASU in China
Sep 12, 2012 – WASU Digital Group has chosen Motorola Mobility's HMC3260 Android™-powered cloud computing device to provide a range of innovative cloud-based entertainment services to its customers.
News categories: Motorola, WASU, Apps, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Home Networking, Smart TV, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Global IPTV subscribers grow by 3.8 million in Q1 2012 to 65.6 million
Jun 20, 2012 – According to figures published by the Broadband Forum and prepared by Point Topic, IPTV now has 65.6 million subscribers globally, up 3.8 million in the quarter. China added over three times as many IPTV subscribers in the quarter as any other country.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, CommunicAsia, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)