Taiwan Digital TV News
Chunghwa Telecom MOD/IPTV subscribers stable at 1.2 million in 1Q 2013
May 2, 2013 – Chunghwa Telecom (TAIEX: 2412, NYSE: CHT) has reported results for the first quarter of 2013. Using video streaming technology over its FTTx and ADSL networks, Chunghwa customers can access TV programs, video-on-demand and other services. Chunghwa served approximately 1.2 million customers as of March 31, 2013.
News categories: Chunghwa Telecom, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Taiwan
Taiwan Broadcasting System goes HD with ATEME MPEG-4 Encoders
Dec 17, 2012 – ATEME has announced that Taiwan Broadcasting System (TBS), the public and largest free to air broadcaster of the Republic of China, selected ATEME’s Kyrion encoders to rollout HD for digital terrestrial television.
News categories: ATEME, Taiwan Broadcasting System, Infrastructure, Taiwan, Terrestrial
Espial MediaBase Powers VOD Services for Taiwan's Largest CATV Operator
Oct 9, 2012 – Espial has announced the installation of the Espial MediaBase on-demand video platform at KBRO, one of Taiwan's largest cable television operators. Espial MediaBase will be installed and integrated at KBRO by Hwacom.
News categories: Espial, KBRO, Hwacom, Cable TV, Infrastructure, Taiwan
Asia Pacific Pay TV penetration to reach 67% in 2017
Sep 24, 2012 – The Digital TV Consultancy has announced that the 'Digital TV Asia Pacific 2012' report has been added to its Market Research store. According to the report, Asia Pacific is undergoing a digital TV boom.
News categories: The Digital TV Consultancy, Asia, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Oceania, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Subscribers, Taiwan, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
Global IPTV subscribers to triple
Aug 1, 2012 – The number of homes paying for IPTV will rocket to 165 million by end-2017, up from 51 million at end-2011 and from only 7.5 million at end-2007, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Digital TV, Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, Subscribers, Taiwan, UAE, USA
Global IPTV subscribers grow by 3.8 million in Q1 2012 to 65.6 million
Jun 20, 2012 – According to figures published by the Broadband Forum and prepared by Point Topic, IPTV now has 65.6 million subscribers globally, up 3.8 million in the quarter. China added over three times as many IPTV subscribers in the quarter as any other country.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, CommunicAsia, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
Comtrend Delivers Power Line Solution to Chunghwa Based on Sigma Designs HomePlug AV Adapters
Jun 5, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that its CG2210 HomePlug AV solution will be used by Chunghwa Telecom for delivering IPTV services in consumer homes. The CG2210-based product, provided by Comtrend, is a wall mount adapter.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Comtrend, Chunghwa Telecom, COMPUTEX, Home Networking, HomePlug, IPTV, Powerline, Semiconductor, Taiwan
Azuki Systems Partners with D-Link to Bring OTT Content to Multi-Screens
May 18, 2012 – Azuki Systems has announced that D-Link’s new companion set-top-box (STB) embedded with the Azuki Media Client allows cable TV operators to offer customers access to over-the-top content in their living rooms via multi-screens and home TV sets.
News categories: D-Link, Azuki Systems, Cable TV, China, Japan, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, Taiwan, The Cable Show
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA