NAGRA secures TBC Android TV STB 4K service in TaiwanWednesday, June 17th, 2020
NAGRA secures Taiwan Broadband Communications’ hybrid Android TV STB 4K service
- The NAGRA Security Service Platform and NAGRA Connect content protection technology will secure the operator’s new hybrid Android TV offer
- New service will enable a fast time-to-market solution and new revenue streams through Android TV based 4K Ultra HD content, OTT and premium interactive services
- Solution leverages a comprehensive portfolio of technologies offered by the NAGRA Android Fast Track Program
CHESEAUX-SUR-LAUSANNE, Switzerland, and PHOENIX (AZ), USA — NAGRA, a Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) company and the world’s leading independent provider of content protection and multiscreen television solutions, announced today that Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC), one of Taiwan’s leading multi-system cable operators, has selected NAGRA to secure its new Android TV 4K Ultra HD pay-TV service integrated with Realtek system-on-chip (SoC) solution.
The service leverages the NAGRA Android Fast Track Program and utilizes the NAGRA Security Services Platform(SSP) and NAGRA Connect content protection to deliver premium 4K Ultra HD programming, interactive services, as well as public OTT services. TBC’s 4K service gives access to more than 200 channels and allows subscribers to download and watch legitimate online content. TBC’s OTT partners include HBO GO, friDay, LiTV, myVideo and supports services such as YouTube and Google Play.
“NAGRA has been a longtime partner to TBC and continue to show their commitment in providing a reliable and secure platform for our Android TV deployment, hence being our natural choice,” said Jimmy Chen, Chief Executive Officer, TBC. “Thanks to their robust content protection solutions for Android TV, we can now deliver a new premium 4K experience to our customers with advanced and interactive pay-TV services.”
“We’re pleased to support TBC on their Android TV journey with best-in-class security solutions that integrate seamlessly with the Android TV ecosystem and ensure the right level of protection for premium content,” said Stéphane Le Dreau, Senior Vice President Sales & Services APAC, NAGRA. “With the NAGRA Android Fast Track Program, operators like TBC can evolve their services rapidly to remain competitive against traditional and new competitors and benefit from a comprehensive portfolio of technologies to successfully shorten their time to market, enable new revenue streams and execute on the Android TV journey.”
The NAGRA Android Fast Track Program offers comprehensive support for operators looking to deploy Android TV services. Leveraging a long standing experience in Android-based OTT and hybrid TV deployments, it combines a highly secure and fully featured ecosystem of technologies, partners and services to assist pay-TV operators in hybrid and OTT deployments and help them successfully execute on the Android TV journey.
The NAGRA Security Services Platform is a flexible and modular backend security platform that takes CAS and DRM technologies to the next level enabling secure premium content delivery over any network to any device, with any business model. NAGRA Connect, a single converged CAS/DRM client that fully supports the multi-network, multi-device, multi-use case reality of telco and cable providers to reduce complexity and improve performance.
Links: NAGRA; Taiwan Broadband Communications; Realtek
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles