LNB (Low-Noise Block), ODU (OutDoor Unit) News
Entropic reports third quarter 2013 results
Oct 29, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2013. Entropic reported third quarter net revenues of $56.4 million. This compares to net revenues of $70.6 million in the second quarter of 2013, and $89.8 million in the third quarter of 2012.
News categories: Entropic, LNB, MoCA, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Prime, Entropic deploy single-cable LNB solution at Brazilian satellite operator
Aug 6, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Prime Electronics & Satellitics have advanced deployment in Brazil. Prime's LNB with Entropic's technology allows DBS operators to support a single satellite, four tuners, and multiplex terrestrial signals all over a single-cable.
News categories: Prime Electronics, Entropic, ABTA, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Eutelsat unveils 'smart LNB' for Direct-to-Home connected TV
Jul 25, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that it has completed the first phase of development of a 'smart LNB' with an embedded transmitter for interactive applications such as HbbTV, PPV, social networking, personal subscription management and live show participation.
News categories: Eutelsat, Digital TV, Home Networking, IBCShow, LNB, Satellite
SES, Inverto, Abilis and MaxLinear revolutionise satellite TV home distribution with industry's first IP-LNB
Apr 22, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG), Inverto, Abilis and MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) have announced that they have designing an essential component for cost-effective IP distribution of satellite television to the home - the first LNB incorporating 8-channel satellite-to-IP bridging technology.
News categories: SES S.A, Inverto, Abilis, MaxLinear, Digital TV, Home Networking, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Entropic Enables Unitron Multi-Switch to Simplify European Satellite Market Installations
Jun 6, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) technology has been tapped by Unitron Group for its Johansson single cable multi-switch, the 9742.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Unitron Group, Europe, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Entropic Communications' Single Wire Direct-Broadcast Satellite Technology Deployed to Brazilian Single-Family Homes
Mar 12, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) and PESI (Taipei:6152) have announced that one of the largest telecommunications carriers in Brazil will deliver DBS entertainment to single family homes via Entropic's Channel Stacking Switch single cable wire infrastructure.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Prime Electronics, Brazil, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Astro launches free-to-air satellite TV in Malaysia
Feb 18, 2012 – Astro has announced the launch of Njoi, a subscription-free satellite TV service for Malaysia. Njoi, which comprises an STB, dish, smartcard and remote control, is available for a one-time payment of RM288, plus RM100 for installation.
News categories: Astro, Digital TV, LNB, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
NXP Delivers Industry's Lowest Power Ku-Band Downconverters for Satellite TV Receivers
Sep 22, 2011 – NXP (NASDAQ: NXPI) has introduced the TFF101xHN, a family of downconverters for use in LNB 10.7-12.75GHz Ku band satellite receiver systems. The DVB-S compliant downconverters consume 50-percent less current than other integrated solutions.
News categories: NXP, ICs, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal