LNB (Low-Noise Block), ODU (OutDoor Unit) News
SES, Inverto, Abilis and MaxLinear revolutionise satellite TV home distribution with industry's first IP-LNB
Apr 22, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG), Inverto, Abilis and MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) have announced that they have designing an essential component for cost-effective IP distribution of satellite television to the home – the first LNB incorporating 8-channel satellite-to-IP bridging technology.
News categories: SES S.A, Inverto, Abilis, MaxLinear, Digital TV, Home Networking, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Entropic Enables Unitron Multi-Switch to Simplify European Satellite Market Installations
Jun 6, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) technology has been tapped by Unitron Group for its Johansson single cable multi-switch, the 9742.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Unitron Group, Europe, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Entropic Communications' Single Wire Direct-Broadcast Satellite Technology Deployed to Brazilian Single-Family Homes
Mar 12, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) and PESI (Taipei:6152) have announced that one of the largest telecommunications carriers in Brazil will deliver DBS entertainment to single family homes via Entropic's Channel Stacking Switch single cable wire infrastructure.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Prime Electronics, Brazil, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Astro launches free-to-air satellite TV in Malaysia
Feb 18, 2012 – Astro has announced the launch of Njoi, a subscription-free satellite TV service for Malaysia. Njoi, which comprises an STB, dish, smartcard and remote control, is available for a one-time payment of RM288, plus RM100 for installation.
News categories: Astro, Digital TV, LNB, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
NXP Delivers Industry’s Lowest Power Ku-Band Downconverters for Satellite TV Receivers
Sep 22, 2011 – NXP (NASDAQ: NXPI) has introduced the TFF101xHN, a family of downconverters for use in LNB 10.7-12.75GHz Ku band satellite receiver systems. The DVB-S compliant downconverters consume 50-percent less current than other integrated solutions.
News categories: NXP, ICs, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Broadcom Strengthens TV Market with New Satellite Out Door Unit Technology
Sep 6, 2011 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced its entry into the satellite Out Door Unit (ODU) market with its 40nm BCM4550 Full-Band Capture Satellite Channel Stacker solution.
News categories: Broadcom, Digital TV, IBC, ICs, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Entropic Communications Empowers the Home Network With New Silicon Solutions, Showcased at CES
Dec 16, 2010 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) will be showcasing its portfolio of products to empower consumers' whole-home entertainment experiences at CES, January 6-9, 2011.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Broadband, CES, Home Networking, LNB, Middleware, MoCA, Personal Video Recorder, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Entropic Communications Channel Stacking Switch Chosen By MTI For Italy
Jul 26, 2010 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) technology has been selected by MTI to power its LNB offering, the AK541-XT2, currently being deployed by a major Italian satellite service provider.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Microelectronics Technology Inc, Italy, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
- HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
- VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
- The days of fast global pay TV revenue growth are over
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013