Digital TV News: SUPERTEL
651,000 pay TV subscribers for Ecuador at end-January 2013
Feb 7, 2013 — Ecuador’s Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUPERTEL) has released pay TV statistics for the country at the end of January 2013. There were 650,870 subscribers in the Republic at that date.
News categories: SUPERTEL, Cable TV, Ecuador, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
NorDig replaces DVB-MHP with HbbTV for interactive IRDs
Apr 4, 2012 — NorDig has specified a common API for interactive services for advanced IRDs, now referred to as hybrid IRDs. From now on hybrid IRDs will be based on the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) standard, replacing DVB MHP as NorDig's chosen API.
News categories: NorDig, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, HbbTV, Iceland, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
Japan to provide 40,000 ISDB set-tops to Ecuador
Mar 31, 2010 — According to Ecuador's Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones, Japan will deliver to Ecuador 40,000 set-top decoders for low-income people to use with their televisions to receive the ISDB-T digital TV service to be launched in the country.
News categories: SUPERTEL, Ecuador, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Ecuador confirms ISDB-T choice
Mar 25, 2010 — Ecuador's Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUPERTEL) has recommended to the country's Consejo Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL) that Ecuador should proceed with the Japanese-Brazilian ISDB-T variant as its DTT standard.
News categories: SUPERTEL, CONATEL, Digital TV, Ecuador, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
313,000 pay TV subscribers for Ecuador at end-Feb 2010
Mar 16, 2010 — Ecuador's Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUPERTEL) has released pay TV statistics for the country up to the 27th February 2010. There were 313,000 subscribers in the Republic at that date.
News categories: SUPERTEL, Cable TV, Ecuador, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Ecuador to also test ISDB-TB and DTMB
May 14, 2009 — In addition to ISDB and DVB, Ecuador's SUPERTEL is testing the Chinese standard (DTMB) and the Brazilian variant of the Japanese standard (ISDB-TB or SBTVD) with a decision to be taken on the broadcasting choice in June this year.
News categories: SUPERTEL, Digital TV, DTMB, Ecuador, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Ecuador tests DVB-T and ISDB-T
Feb 27, 2009 — Officials of Ecuador's Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUPERTEL) are testing the technical performance of the ISDB-T and DVB-T digital terrestrial television systems, at different sites in the city of Quito.
News categories: SUPERTEL, Digital TV, Ecuador, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
Ecuador tests ISDB-T for DTT
Sep 15, 2008 — Ecuador has begun digital television transmision trials this month as part of a process to chose a new system for use after analogue switch-off.
News categories: Conartel, ATSC, Digital TV, Ecuador, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results