Digital TV News: Google
Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
Dec 4, 2013 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced a Full HD media processor, the ARMADA® 1500 Plus system-on-chip (SoC), designed for smart video products based on Android JellyBean 4.2.2. Hisense is to use the SoC in TV Products supporting Google Services for Smart TVs.
News categories: Marvell, Hisense, Weili Dai, Vincent Dureau, Charlie Wang, Digital TV, ICs, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
Dec 3, 2013 – INSIDE Secure (Paris: INSD) has announced that it has licensed its downloadable DRM Fusion Agent™ software to Sky Italia, who is using it to protect premium video content delivery for their Sky Go OTT video service.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Sky Italia, Pier Paolo Tamma, Dr. Simon Blake-Wilson, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Italy, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
Dec 2, 2013 – According to a report from MarketsandMarkets, the total smart TV market is expected to reach $265 billion by 2016, at a CAGR of 17% and unit shipments are expected to reach 153.2 million from 64 million in 2011, at an estimated CAGR of 19%.
News categories: MarketsandMarkets, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
SFR launches set-top box with Google Play in France
Nov 19, 2013 – SFR is the first operator in Europe to offer a set-top box based on Android 4.2, giving access to Google Play services on the television. In addition to receiving VOD services, the box can receive up to 25 channels of terrestrial broadcast TV.
News categories: SFR, Digital TV, France, OTT, Set Top Box
bitmovin releases version 2.0 of its MPEG DASH streaming media client
Nov 13, 2013 – bitmovin has released its bitdash 2.0 streaming & client optimization framework. bitmovins' client is created to increase media streaming performance of MPEG-DASH players, rather than solely focusing on conformance to the MPEG-DASH standard.
News categories: bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Media Player, Multiscreen, OTT
SK broadband launches Android IPTV STB from KAON
Nov 13, 2013 – KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON Media) has announced that it has provided Android set-top boxes, with the latest Google services for TV, to SK broadband (KOSDAQ: 033630) - the world’s first commercial launch of IPTV with the latest Android OS (Jellybean 4.2).
News categories: KAONMEDIA, SK broadband, Peter Ahn, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box
Comcast launches Xfinity TV Go app
Nov 5, 2013 – Comcast has launched an update to its Xfinity TV Player App, now called Xfinity TV Go. The new Xfinity TV Go app enables customers to watch up to 35 television channels over the Internet on their Apple and Android-powered mobile devices.
News categories: Comcast, Charlie Herrin, Apps, Cable TV, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere, USA
Samsung releases new SDKs for smartphones, tablets and Smart TVs
Oct 28, 2013 – Samsung has released five new and improved software development kits (SDKs) for creating consumer and enterprise apps on its smartphones, tablets and Smart TVs at the Samsung Developers Conference (#SDC13).
News categories: Samsung, Dr. Won-Pyo Hong, Apps, Middleware, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal