Digital TV News: STMicroelectronics
Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
Dec 4, 2013 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $315.4 billion in 2013, a 5.2 percent increase from 2012 revenue of $299.9 billion, according to preliminary results by Gartner.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, Market Research, Semiconductor
Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
Dec 3, 2013 – Following a 2.5 percent decline in 2012, the global semiconductor market has regained its footing in 2013 with revenue set to expand by nearly 5 percent because of the strong performance of the memory sector.
News categories: IHS Inc, Dale Ford, Market Research, Semiconductor
STMicroelectronics chips selected by MitraStar for Kbro set-top boxes
Nov 5, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that MitraStar Technology has selected ST’s STiH273 system-on-chip to produce set-top boxes (STBs) for Kbro Broadband, one of Taiwan's largest cable television operators.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MitraStar, Kbro, Herve Mathieu, Chiang-lin Chang, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Taiwan
STMicroelectronics reports 2013 third quarter results
Oct 22, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has reported results for the quarter ending September 28, 2013. ST's third quarter net loss was $142 million as the Company took a charge of $120 million in connection with its annual third quarter impairment review and restructuring initiatives.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
httv partners with EKT to deploy satellite set top boxes
Sep 16, 2013 – httv has announced the integration of httvLink, its open-middleware solution, with EKT's DSR6201 PVR and DSD601 zapper DVB-S2 set top boxes. It will provide the full power of HbbTV as well as HTML5 for satellite markets.
News categories: httv, Eagle Kingdom, Jean-Christophe Jubin, Digital TV, DVB-S2, HbbTV, IBCShow, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics STB processors support Google services for TV
Sep 13, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has introduced an upgrade to its Software Development Kit 2 (SDK2) that allows the development of Android-compliant devices and supports the latest Google services for TV.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Yannick Paillard, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics introduces Smart Home software platform
Sep 13, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has introduced its Smart Home software platform. ST Smart Home will power set-top boxes capable of managing home energy, automation and security systems in addition to providing access to multimedia content.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gian Luca Bertino, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Worldwide total semiconductor market to grow 3% in 2013
Sep 12, 2013 – According to ABI Research, the worldwide semiconductor market is expected to grow 3% from 2012 to 2013. There has been sequential market growth from 1Q13 to 2Q13 and the vast majority of the top 20 vendors are expecting 3Q13 to grow revenues again.
News categories: ABI Research, Peter Cooney, Market Research, Semiconductor
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households