Digital TV News: Renesas
Global System-On-a-Chip Market to Reach US$48.8 Billion by 2017
Apr 12, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the System-On-a-Chip (SoC) market. The market for SoCs is projected to reach US$48.8 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Semiconductor
Renesas Introduces High-Performance and Compact SoC for High-End Hybrid Set-Top Box
Mar 19, 2012 – Renesas Electronics (TSE: 6723) has announced the availability of its new system-on-chip (SoC) for high-end set-top boxes (STBs) the R-Home S1, supporting both worldwide digital TV broadcast reception and Internet content distribution.
News categories: Renesas, CCBN, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect
Broadcom, ST, Renesas, and Trident Lead $3.3 Billion Set-Top Box IC Market
Aug 3, 2011 – Five companies - Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM), STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), Renesas (TSE: 6723), Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) and Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) - dominate the worldwide set-top box SoC market, with a combined market share of 85 percent.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ARM Forecast to Significantly Increase Lead in the Battle for the Digital Home
Jul 12, 2011 – Preliminary findings from Semicast's forthcoming report 'Opportunities for Embedded Processors in the Digital Home' show ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) increased its position as the leading architecture for embedded processors in digital home applications in 2010.
News categories: Semicast, DVD, Games Console, Market Research, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Renesas Expands EMMA Family with Set-Top Box SoCs Supporting 3D and Internet-Based Content
Jun 21, 2011 – Renesas (TSE: 6723) has announced the availability of a new SoC for set-top boxes (STBs), the EMMA™3SE/P, that supports worldwide digital TV broadcast video standards and a variety of video formats required to play internet-based content.
News categories: Renesas, 3D, Digital TV, IBC, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Samsung Closes in on Intel for Semiconductor Market Leadership in 2010
Apr 19, 2011 – Continuing its steady rise in the semiconductor industry, Samsung in 2010 came closer to challenging Intel’s chip market leadership than any company had in more than a decade, new IHS iSuppli market research has revealed.
News categories: iSuppli, Market Research, Semiconductor
Worldwide Semiconductor Revenue Rose by More Than $70 Billion in 2010, According to Final Results by Gartner
Apr 18, 2011 – Total worldwide semiconductor revenue reached $299.4 billion in 2010, up $70.7 billion, or 30.9 percent from 2009, the largest dollar increase for the semiconductor industry in any one year, according to Gartner.
News categories: Gartner, Market Research, Semiconductor
SoftAtHome and Vestel Launch First Connected TV for IPTV Operators Worldwide
Mar 22, 2011 – Vestel and SoftAtHome have announced that they have developed the first Connected TV for operators. IPTV operators worldwide can now offer premium IPTV services over a Connected TV. The solution leverages the power of the Renesas EMMA3SL/P chipset.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Vestel, Digital TV, Home Networking, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, TVConnect
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA