Digital TV News: Renesas
Renesas announces HEVC/H.265 video codec hardware IP licensing
Oct 29, 2013 – Renesas (TSE: 6723) has announced the development of video codec intellectual property (IP) technology supporting the latest video encoding standard. Sales of the new IP will start in November of this year.
News categories: Renesas, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Broadcom plans workforce reduction of up to 1,150 employees
Oct 22, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has reported results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2013. During the quarter Broadcom initiated a global restructuring plan. The plan includes a workforce reduction of up to 1,150 employees (some of whom originated from the Renesas acquisition).
News categories: Broadcom, Scott McGregor, Cable TV, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Worldwide total semiconductor market to grow 3% in 2013
Sep 12, 2013 – According to ABI Research, the worldwide semiconductor market is expected to grow 3% from 2012 to 2013. There has been sequential market growth from 1Q13 to 2Q13 and the vast majority of the top 20 vendors are expecting 3Q13 to grow revenues again.
News categories: ABI Research, Peter Cooney, Market Research, Semiconductor
Global System-On-a-Chip Market to Reach US$48.8 Billion by 2017
Apr 12, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the System-On-a-Chip (SoC) market. The market for SoCs is projected to reach US$48.8 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Semiconductor
Renesas Introduces High-Performance and Compact SoC for High-End Hybrid Set-Top Box
Mar 19, 2012 – Renesas Electronics (TSE: 6723) has announced the availability of its new system-on-chip (SoC) for high-end set-top boxes (STBs) the R-Home S1, supporting both worldwide digital TV broadcast reception and Internet content distribution.
News categories: Renesas, CCBN, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect
Broadcom, ST, Renesas, and Trident Lead $3.3 Billion Set-Top Box IC Market
Aug 3, 2011 – Five companies - Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM), STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), Renesas (TSE: 6723), Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) and Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) - dominate the worldwide set-top box SoC market, with a combined market share of 85 percent.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ARM Forecast to Significantly Increase Lead in the Battle for the Digital Home
Jul 12, 2011 – Preliminary findings from Semicast's forthcoming report 'Opportunities for Embedded Processors in the Digital Home' show ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) increased its position as the leading architecture for embedded processors in digital home applications in 2010.
News categories: Semicast, DVD, Games Console, Market Research, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Renesas Expands EMMA Family with Set-Top Box SoCs Supporting 3D and Internet-Based Content
Jun 21, 2011 – Renesas (TSE: 6723) has announced the availability of a new SoC for set-top boxes (STBs), the EMMA™3SE/P, that supports worldwide digital TV broadcast video standards and a variety of video formats required to play internet-based content.
News categories: Renesas, 3D, Digital TV, IBCShow, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
- Embratel acquires Net Serviços in Brazil
- Vivendi approves plan to spin-off SFR
- Creonic announces DVB-S2 IP cores
- Triple-play revenues to reach $144 billion in 2018
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on Xbox One
- Deutsche Telekom adds iPhone support for Entertain to Go service
- Television now 55% digital as analogue broadcasting switch-off advances worldwide
- Entel to offer satellite TV in Bolivia
- DVB Steering Board Ratifies GSE-LITE Specification