Digital TV News: Eutelsat
ABOX42 shows M12 Smart Set-top Box for KabelKiosk multiscreen
Jun 4, 2013 – ABOX42 has announced that it will demonstrates at ANGA COM for the first time Eutelsat KabelKiosk's new multiscreen solution on its innovative ABOX42 M12 Smart set-top box.
News categories: ABOX42, KabelKiosk, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Germany, HbbTV, Set Top Box
Freesat satellite TV launches in Romania
May 24, 2013 – A new satellite television service has launched in Romania. The service, called Freesat, is broadcasting on Eutelsat 16A at 16°E, and offers all the main Romanian TV channels for an annual fee of 99 lei, using a pre-paid card.
News categories: Freesat, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Romania, Satellite
24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
May 15, 2013 – The results of a survey produced by Eutelsat and Ipsos on TV reception modes and trends in Russia has shown that of the 53 million TV homes in Russia, 24% are equipped for Direct-to-Home satellite reception, making satellite the country's leading platform for digital television.
News categories: Eutelsat, RSCC, Ipsos, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Market Research, Russia, Satellite
Satellite TV now reaching 8.2 million homes in Italy
Apr 18, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has revealed the first results of its new survey on TV reception modes and trends across its global footprint. Working in collaboration with Ipsos, Eutelsat announced that 8.2 million homes are now equipped with a Direct-to-Home antenna in Italy.
News categories: Eutelsat, Ipsos, Italy, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Digitürk and Eutelsat Partner on Turkey's First Ultra HD (4K) Demonstration Channel
Apr 18, 2013 – Digitürk has launched a dedicated demonstration 4K channel in partnership with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL). The broadcast, the first time 4K has been shown in Turkey, helps Digiturk lay the foundations for the next step change in television broadcasting.
News categories: Eutelsat, Digiturk, Infrastructure, Satellite, Turkey
'Global TV' DTH to launch in Georgia on Eutelsat 36B
Mar 22, 2013 – JSC Global Contact Consulting has announced that it has selected Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) for a new satellite broadcasting platform in Georgia called 'Global TV'. JSC Global Contact Consulting will initiate satellite broadcasting this month, starting with four free-to-air channels.
News categories: Eutelsat, Global Contact, Digital TV, Georgia, Infrastructure, Satellite
Aston partners with Viaccess in the MENA region for Embedded CAS and HbbTV
Mar 12, 2013 – CableLabs® has announced the launch of NetworkFX™, the first subsidiary of CableLabs. Built on 12 years of management of the cable industry's public key infrastructure (PKI), NetworkFX is an online trust management company that enables secure broadband connections for networked devices.
News categories: Aston, Viaccess, Africa, Conditional Access, Content Protection, HbbTV, Middle-East, Set Top Box
TivùSat reaches 1.8 million active smart cards
Mar 4, 2013 – Italian satellite TV platform TivùSat has announced that it now has more than 1.8 million active smart cards in 1.5 million households. The regions with the highest penetration levels are Calabria, Liguria, Molise, Valle d’Aosta, Basilicata and Sicily.
News categories: Tivù, Italy, Satellite, Subscribers
- HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
- VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
- The days of fast global pay TV revenue growth are over
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013