North America Digital TV News
Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
May 21, 2013 — Elemental Technologies has announced that Canby Telcom has chosen Elemental systems to help with creation of a channel on the Roku® streaming platform for over-the-top (OTT) delivery of local broadcast channels to subscribers.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Canby Telcom, Roku, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, The Cable Show, TV Everywhere, USA
TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
May 20, 2013 — TDS Telecommunications (TDS®) has announced that it has updated their TDS TV Microsoft® Mediaroom® platform to version 2.3. TDS TV customers with Mediaroom gain more than a dozen new features and options, giving them more control over their TV-watching experience.
News categories: TDS Telecom, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
May 15, 2013 — Belkin has announced the availability of its receiver accessory for Dyle™ mobile TV. Paired with the Dyle™ TV app, the receiver makes live broadcast television available, without an Internet connection, to iOS device users in 37 major markets across the USA.
News categories: Belkin, Dyle, Apps, ATSC Mobile DTV, Digital TV, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
May 9, 2013 — DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending March 31, 2013. Net pay TV subscribers grew by 36,000 in the quarter. The number of subscribers was 14.092 million at quarter-end compared with 14.071 million at the end of first quarter 2012.
News categories: DISH Network, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
DIRECTV surpasses 16 million subscriber mark in Latin America
May 7, 2013 — DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) has announced results for the first quarter of 2013. DIRECTV U.S. subscribers were stable at around 20 million. DTVLA added 583,000 to end with 10.91 million subscribers and Sky Mexico had 5.41 million subscribers as of March 31, 2013.
News categories: DIRECTV, DIRECTV Latin America, Sky Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela
North America to continue to add pay TV subs
May 1, 2013 — Despite all of the talk about cord-cutting, a new report from Digital TV Research states that the number of pay TV subscribers in North America will continue to increase – albeit at a slow rate. However, the report states that pay TV penetration will remain flat.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, North America, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, USA
Nearly half of U.S. internet-capable home entertainment devices are connected and used
May 1, 2013 — Forty-seven percent of home entertainment devices are currently connected and being used for their online capabilities. But the degree to which these devices are used online varies significantly, according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Pace to use Myriad Java in select set-top boxes and gateways
Apr 30, 2013 — Myriad Group (SIX: MYRN) has announced that Pace (LSE: PIC) has selected Myriad's Java™ technology for use in their RDK compliant set-top boxes. The JVM is a key component of the Comcast Reference Design Kit (RDK).
News categories: Myriad Group, Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market