Digital TV News: SmarDTV
SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
Dec 2, 2013 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that the Romania Cable and Satellite operator RCS & RDS has launched a CI Plus conditional access modules (CAM) for its network in Romania and Hungary.
News categories: SmarDTV, RCS & RDS, Emil Grecu, Jérôme Vial, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, Romania, Satellite, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
iWedia to unveil full range of SAT>IP products at IBC 2013
Sep 10, 2013 – iWedia has announced that it has endorsed the SAT>IP initiative and has released a full range of products compliant with this protocol. iWedia has developed an end-to-end solution comprising both a server and a client software.
News categories: iWedia, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, IBCShow, Middleware, Set Top Box
Nagra launches turnkey Pay TV solution in Asia
Sep 9, 2013 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the availability of a turnkey platform for pay-TV service providers enabling quick deployment of new services. The solution will make its debut in Asia with two service providers in Mongolia.
News categories: NAGRA, Sansar, DDishTV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Mongolia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Nagra announces 2013 half year results
Aug 20, 2013 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2013 half year results. While the European crisis and weak consumer sentiment continued to affect the European Digital TV business, the American Digital TV business posted a 12.1% growth.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
SmarDTV provides CI Plus modules to Telenet in Belgium
Jun 3, 2013 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that the Belgian cable operator Telenet is launching, in June, a CI Plus conditional access module (CAM) in its network in Flanders and Brussels.
News categories: SmarDTV, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
SmarDTV provides SmarCAM-3.5 conditional access modules for M7 Group pay TV in the Netherlands and Belgium
Mar 12, 2013 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that M7 Group, the European provider of satellite services which operates CanalDigitaal, TV Vlaanderen and TéléSAT brands amongst others, has deployed its latest generation of conditional access modules (CAM) in its network in the Netherlands and Belgium.
News categories: SmarDTV, M7 Group, Belgium, Content Protection, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite, Smart card / CAM
Kudelski saw strong growth in South America in 2012
Feb 28, 2013 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2012 annual results. 2012 was marked by strong demand for the Group's portfolio in South America, becoming the second largest market after the US for the Group.
News categories: Kudelski, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Middleware, Nigeria, Results, Tanzania
SmarDTV, NAGRA and Samsung introduce CI Plus module with DRM
Sep 3, 2012 – SmarDTV and NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung (Seoul: 005930) have announced that they have successfully combined CI Plus and HbbTV with DRM to enable video-on-demand for over-the-top (OTT) networks directly to iDTVs without the use of a set-top box.
News categories: SmarDTV, NAGRA, Samsung, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, IBCShow, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain