Digital TV News: YouView
Time-shifted viewing increasingly becoming the norm for UK TV viewers
Nov 15, 2013 – Kantar Media's futurePROOF study on the ownership and use of digital technologies and media in Britain reveals that, whilst most people currently prefer to watch 'must-see TV' at the time of broadcast, the signs are that this will soon change.
News categories: Kantar Media, Trevor Vagg, Cable TV, Market Research, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Terrestrial, UK
TalkTalk adds 167,000 TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
Nov 12, 2013 – TalkTalk has announced Half Year Interim Results for the 6 months to 30 September 2013. The company added 167,000 net new customers to its TV base, with a quarter of these customers new to TalkTalk, taking the total to 557,000.
News categories: TalkTalk, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
UK's TalkTalk introduces lower cost YouView set-top box
Sep 25, 2013 – TalkTalk has announced the launch of its Essentials TV proposition, which gives viewers access to catch up TV via a smaller, lower cost YouView set top box, for just 7.50 GBP per month.
News categories: TalkTalk, Dido Harding, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
BSkyB launches £9.99 NOW TV HDMI dongle
Jul 26, 2013 – The £9.99 (~$15) NOW TV Box measures 84mm x 84mm x 24mm, plugs into a TV set via HDMI, and connects to the internet over the user's wireless home network. NOW TV offers terrestrial catch-up, pay-as-you-go sport and movies on demand.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
BT adds 23,000 TV customers in 2Q 2013
Jul 25, 2013 – BT Group plc (BT.L) today announced its results for the first quarter to 30 June 2013. BT's TV net additions were 23,000 taking the customer base to 833,000.
News categories: BT Vision, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
UK's TalkTalk adds 160,000 YouView subscribers in 2Q 2013
Jul 24, 2013 – TalkTalk signed up 160,000 new TV subscribers to its YouView service in the three months to end June taking the total number of TV customers on the company's network to 390,000 in that period.
News categories: TalkTalk, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
BSkyB's NOW TV arrives on PlayStation 3
Jul 5, 2013 – NOW TV, the internet TV service from the Uk's BSkyB (LSE:BSY), is now available on PlayStation®3. NOW TV offers instant access to Sky Movies and all six Sky Sports channels with no contract, set-up costs or installation.
News categories: BSkyB, Games Console, OTT, UK
UK's YouView heads towards 400,000 homes
May 30, 2013 – YouView has announced that it is on its way to reaching 400,000 homes across the UK, 8 months after launch. The subscription-free service also released on demand viewing statistics showing over 2.2 million video on demand (VOD) plays per week.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)