TalkTalk launches TV Hub powered by Android TVMonday, October 17th, 2022
TalkTalk launches new TV Hub for entertainment without limits
- TalkTalk becomes first UK broadband provider to launch the full-service TV Hub powered by Android TV™*
- The new TalkTalk TV Hub offers live TV, streaming & subscription services, and Google Play with over 10,000 apps – thousands more than BT, Sky and Virgin Media
- The TalkTalk TV Hub offers voice control with Google Assistant
- Now available to TalkTalk Full Fibre customers for just £5 a month, saving customers up to £502.95 annually vs a similar package from Sky and £490.75 vs a similar package from BT.**
- £50 Google Play Gift Code included for limited time only***
TalkTalk launches a brand-new TV Hub. Available as a limited release to customers on Full Fibre packages*, the new box offers over 70 live TV channels, catchup services including BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub, a huge range of streaming & subscription services including Netflix, Prime Video and NOW TV, plus Google Play with over 10,000 apps, all for only £5 a month, with a £25 one-off fee. TalkTalk plans to roll out the new box to more customers over the coming months.
Customers will be able to enjoy features like Google Assistant, where they can use their voice to search for movies and shows across live TV, on-demand, and streaming apps. They can even ask Google to dim the lights, or control other smart home devices to create the perfect viewing environment.
The TalkTalk TV Hub is Ultra HD 4K viewing and Dolby Atmos sound compatible for the ultimate viewing experience. With Chromecast built in™, customers can cast movies, apps, games, and more directly to their TV from phones, tablets, or laptops.
Customers can build a package that’s just right for their household, with entertainment services that work best for them and no lengthy commitments. Plus, customers that sign up before 13th November will also receive a £50 Gift Code to spend on Google Play.
Susie Buckridge, General Manager of Product and Strategy at TalkTalk said: “We know the world of TV can be confusing, which is why we’re helping to keep everything simple for our customers. We’re giving them access to the best in TV entertainment, with an interface that makes it easy to find their favourite shows, whether live or on-demand, without any complicated commitments. Plus, the freedom to personalise our TV service just the way they’d like it by adding their favourite Apps from Google Play Store. All wrapped up in our brilliant new TV Hub, for just £5 a month.”
The TalkTalk TV Hub hardware has been developed in partnership with Vantiva, formerly known as Technicolor, and YouView TV.
Christian Lefebvre, Senior Vice President of Video Product and Vantiva said: “The partnership between TalkTalk and Vantiva introduces this next-generation TV hub that is rich with features for future proof deployment to consumers in the UK market. Vantiva’s commitment to leveraging open and innovative platforms enables operator partners like TalkTalk to push the edge of the multimedia entertainment experience in the home.”
* Full service includes linear and on demand content
** £25 one-off fee payable at purchase. Available for customers taking out a Full Fibre package on speeds of 150 or above – subject to location.
Competitor savings figures:
Upfront In-contract Total cost over Savings with TalkTalk Package name cost Speeds Monthly cost 24-month period (over 24-month period) --------------------------- -------- ------ ------------- --------------- ---------------------- TalkTalk Fibre 900 £25.00 944Mb £54.00/month £1,321.00 & TalkTalk TV Hub Setup £0.00 Delivery BT Full Fibre 900 & £50.00 900Mb £72.99/month £1,811.75 £490.75 Entertainment Triple Play Setup £9.99 Delivery Sky Gigafast £20.00 900Mb £69.00/month £1,823.95 £502.95 & Sky TV Triple Play Setup £9.95 Delivery Virgin Media Gig1 Fibre £35.00 1130Mb £64.00/month £1,571.00 £250 Broadband & Talk Weekends Setup + Stream Triple Play £0.00 Delivery
Sourced FDM, 13.10.22
*** £50 Google Play Gift Code included with every TalkTalk TV Hub order until 13th November 2022. TalkTalk TV Hub customers will be sent an email about how to redeem their Google Play Voucher within 60 days of their order date.
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028