Connect Fibre ISP adds TV service with NetgemWednesday, July 5th, 2023
Connect Fibre adds TV bundles – powered by Netgem
- Connect Fibre has chosen Netgem to complement its full fibre broadband service with TV, to better compete in the Broadband market
Netgem (ISIN: FR0004154060, Reuters: ETGM.PA, Bloomberg: ALNTGFP), the award-winning TV-as-a-Service provider that brings together a rich and seamless mix of free and premium streaming and TV broadcast channels all in one place, will be powering Connect Fibre TV’s brand-new TV service, which will leverage Netgem’s streaming solutions for ISPs developed for the UK market.
Netgem partners with ISPs to add a distinctly better and affordable TV service to their broadband packages, allowing them to compete against the large Telecoms players in the market. Adding TV to fibre broadband services opens up new revenue streams for ISPs and most importantly helps capture a bigger part of broadband switchers in the market, looking for better value bundles – combining fibre connectivity, phone and TV in one simple plan.
Founded in 2019, the Cambridgeshire-based UK ISP Connect Fibre focuses on providing exceptional customer service and fantastic broadband speeds at a reasonable price to those to compete with all Fibre ISPs on the Fibre networks of Openreach, CityFibre or Virgin. Connect Fibre is now the 5th ISP to make use of the co-branded TV solution created by Netgem and implemented successfully with Origin TV, Community Fibre TV, Gibtelecom TV and TalkTalk TV. Netgem currently has over 15 ISP distribution partners including Octaplus, Inspire Telecom, and WightFibre to name a few.
The new TV service includes:
- 215+ live channels including 100 channels in addition to Freeview – with 45+ channel dedicated to sport such as MBL.TV, The Rugby Network and Pop kids
- 100,000 hours of included content with 25 Freeview Play catch-up such as ITVX or BBC iPlayer and access to a library of included shows and movies such as YouTube, TikTok, Filmzie and Wedomovies.
- 30+ games included which do not require additional equipment
- Choice and freedom for users to pick and mix from the most popular premium apps with Rakuten TV, BT Sport, Erosnow, Amazon Prime Video and more
- Unlimited TV on the go via a dedicated application available on mobile
- A powerful universal Search across all live and On-demand TV content with recommended shows curated for the viewers
- High end features such as 4K HDR, bluetooth pairing and Alexa voice control for hands free mode
All of the above is delivered through Netgem’s award-winning sleek 4K TV box allowing viewers to stream big while spending small.
Sylvain Thevenot, Chief Commercial & Customer Officer, Netgem Group, said: “We are pleased that Connect Fibre has decided to join the group of ISPs in the UK who are leveraging our TV service to maximise the connection volumes on their Fibre networks. This is not only great news for their Fibre customers in terms of value proposition with over 200 channels and thousands of hours of inclusive On-demand streaming content, but it also brings the Bundle proposition to the best level – to compete effectively with the Big 4 ISPs in the market.”
Deryck Shepherd, Chief Customer Officer of Connect Fibre, added: “Connect Fibre’s mission is to bring flawless full fibre speeds to communities that need it. Leveraging Netgem’s revolutionary platform allows us to extend the range of fuss-free services we can provide. Viewers can enjoy a full range of interactive entertainment at a fair price, and households who require a landline can move seamlessly to a modern cost-effective service. We couldn’t be more excited about this partnership, and I’m really looking forward to working with Sylvain and his team.”