Digital TV News: E-Vision
Sky Deutschland subscribers pass 3.5 million in 3Q 2013
Nov 5, 2013 – Sky Deutschland has announced its Q3 2013 results. The number of direct subscribers grew by 76,000 (Q3 2012: 79,900) to 3,529,000 customers (Q3 2012: 3,212,000) at the end of September.
News categories: Sky Deutschland, Austria, Germany, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Fraunhofer Institute to demonstrate Multiview Video Coding for 3-D movies at IBC
Aug 25, 2010 – At the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam, Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications, Heinrich-Hertz-Institut (HHI) researchers will showcase how 3-D movies can be transmitted via the internet and by satellite.
News categories: Fraunhofer, 3D, IBCShow
At Cabsat MENA 2010, E-Vision explores 3D TV with LG; launches new EPG
Mar 2, 2010 – E-Vision has announced the launch of new exciting interactive services offering customers the ability to plan their television viewing in addition to alternatives for customer communication at the Cabsat MENA 2010 exhibition.
News categories: E-Vision, 3D, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, UAE
E-Vision brings High Definition and PVR services to the UAE
Jul 7, 2009 – E-Vision has announced the commercial launch of High Definition (HD) programming for UAE viewers. With this, E-Vision has become the first Pay TV provider in the Middle East to launch a commercial HD service.
News categories: E-Vision, Cable TV, Digital TV, Personal Video Recorder, UAE
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal