Pakistan Digital TV News
Asia Pacific Pay TV penetration to reach 67% in 2017
Sep 24, 2012 — The Digital TV Consultancy has announced that the 'Digital TV Asia Pacific 2012' report has been added to its Market Research store. According to the report, Asia Pacific is undergoing a digital TV boom.
News categories: The Digital TV Consultancy, Asia, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Oceania, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Subscribers, Taiwan, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
ROK Partners with BPS in Deployment of Mobile TV with Telenor Pakistan
Aug 8, 2011 — ROK Global (FWB:RKG) has announced an agreement with Brand Promotion Services (Pvt) Ltd (BPS), for the deployment of ROK’s portfolio of revenue-generating mobile applications to Mobile Operator Telenor (Oslo:TEL) in Pakistan.
News categories: ROK Global, Telenor, Mobile, Pakistan
Asia Pacific to add 400 million digital TV homes
Jun 6, 2011 — Asia Pacific is undergoing a digital TV boom that will see penetration increase from 29% in 2010 to 73% in 2016 – or up by nearly 400 million homes, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research Ltd, Asia, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Subscribers, Taiwan, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
Pay-TV Now Taking 'Lion's Share' of Asia's High Net Worth Audiences
Oct 26, 2010 — The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) has announced that pay-TV in Asia has reached the tipping point of 50 percent penetration of all Asian TV homes.
News categories: CASBAA, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Korea, Market Research, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Thailand, Vietnam
IPTV and 3D TV Confirmed as Greatest Opportunities for Asian Pay TV Operators
Aug 31, 2010 — Asia’s Pay-TV industry players say new technologies such as IPTV and 3D TV offer the greatest untapped opportunity, according to the 2010 Asia-Pacific Pay TV Operators Survey jointly produced by Global Intelligence Alliance (GIA) and ContentAsia.
News categories: Global Intelligence Alliance, 3D, Australia, Brunei, Hong Kong, India, IPTV, Japan, Market Research, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Vietnam
CASBAA hails "digital cushion"
Oct 28, 2008 — The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) has announced new data for Asia’s pay-TV market, showing 71 million digital pay-TV households out of 300 million pay-TV subscriptions across Asia.
News categories: CASBAA, Standard Chartered, Australia, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Subscribers, Thailand, Vietnam
Pakistan Television considering DTH
Oct 19, 2008 — Encouraged by the success of direct-to-home (DTH) services in India, Pakistan Television Corporation Ltd, the country's national broadcaster, has invited national and international firms to help it set up its own DTH service with 100 channels.
News categories: Pakistan Television Corp, Digital TV, Pakistan, Satellite
PTCL revolutionizes TV viewing in Pakistan
Aug 13, 2008 — Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) (Karachi:PTC) has announced the launch of PTCL Smart TV, a technological breakthrough of the first ever interactive television service in the country.
News categories: PTCL, Smart TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Pakistan
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision