Afghanistan Digital TV News
Afghanistan issues tender for the provision of DTT network
Apr 10, 2013 — The Afghanistan Telecom Regulatory Authority has released a tender for the provision of its digital terrestrial television broadcasting network. The bid closure date is June 10th 2013 at 16:00 Kabul time.
News categories: Afghanistan Telecom Regulatory Authority, Afghanistan, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Infrastructure, Terrestrial
Afghanistan to change its analogue TV system to digital
Jan 23, 2013 — To change its analogue system to digital, Afghanistan has announced that it has selected the DVB-T2 standard and the process of implementation will begin in Kabul City first and will complete in five years.
News categories: Ministry of Communication and IT, Afghanistan, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Cable & Wireless Partners with Move Networks to Offer IPTV Services Globally
Sep 10, 2009 — CWI, Cable & Wireless’ international telecoms business, has announced that it has signed a partnership with Move Networks paving the way for a roll-out of IP-based TV services across CWI’s global operations.
News categories: Move Networks, CWI, Afghanistan, Algeria, Caribbean, Channel Islands, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Macau, Middleware, Monaco, Oceania, Panama, Seychelles
S2M and Space Systems/Loral Sign Innovative Mobile TV Satellite Contract
Dec 12, 2007 — S2M has announced the formal contract with Space Systems/Loral (SS/L) for the S2M-1 satellite – the first mobile TV satellite covering the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: S2M, Space Systems/Loral (SS/L), Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mobile, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision