Cambodia Digital TV News
Exset Advances Cambodian STB Services with Hyundai Digital Technology
Sep 11, 2012 – Exset has selected Hyundai Digital Technology (HDT) as its STB strategic partner, where HDT is presently providing MPEG4 Set-Top-Boxes (STBs) for One TV, the first nationwide digital terrestrial TV platform service in Cambodia.
News categories: Hyundai Digital Technology, Exset, One TV, Cambodia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
'One TV' DTT soft launches in Cambodia
Jul 25, 2012 – General Satellite and the Royal Group of Companies have announced the launch of a Pay Digital Terrestrial TV Platform for Cambodia. The 'One TV' service will have 60 channels in Khmer, English, Russian, Chinese, Vietnamese and other languages.
News categories: General Satellite, Royal Group, One TV, Cambodia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Royal Media Entertainment selects Exset Conditional Access and Middleware for DTT
Mar 5, 2012 – Exset has been selected as the CAS and Middleware provider by the Royal Media Group for its DTT platform. The platform is a Cambodian DTT service planned to have more than a hundred linear and non-linear services and channels.
News categories: Exset, Royal Group, Cambodia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Cambodia adopts Korea's T-DMB for mobile TV
Aug 25, 2010 – According to the Korea Communications Commission, Cambodia has adopted Korea's Digital Multimedia Broadcasting (DMB) standard, with a terrestrial mobile TV service due to be launched this year.
News categories: Korea Communications Commission, Cambodia, Digital TV, Multiscreen, T-DMB
Minerva Passes 200 IPTV Deployment Milestone
Aug 23, 2010 – Recent wins including Craw-Kan Telephone Cooperative and Swiftel Communications in North America, ICE in Costa Rica, PCCTV in Cambodia, and Palm Hills Development in the Middle East have increased the total number of Minerva's worldwide IPTV deployments to over two hundred (200).
News categories: Minerva Networks, Cambodia, Costa Rica, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, USA
Thaicom DTV Service sells 246,000 dishes in 2009
Feb 19, 2010 – Thaicom (Bangkok:THCOM) has released its annual financial statements for 2009. In 2009, DTV Service Co. had a continued growth of DTV sales volume. At 2009-end, the number of DTV satellite dish sets sold thus far by DTV was 592,886.
News categories: Thaicom, DTV Service, Cambodia, Laos, Results, Satellite, Thailand
ASEAN reaches agreement on specifications for Set-top Boxes and Analogue Broadcasting Switch-off
Jun 19, 2008 – The 6th ASEAN Digital Broadcasting (ADB) Meeting in Singapore successfully concluded with officials agreeing on a common set of technical specifications for Standard Definition and High Definition digital set-top-boxes for ASEAN.
News categories: ASEAN, Brunei, Cambodia, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
THAICOM Announces First Quarter 2008 Results
May 14, 2008 – DTV Service Co, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Thaicom (SET BKK: THCOM), has announced that at the end of the first quarter a total of 145,762 DTV satellite dish sets had been sold since the service was launched in mid 2007.
News categories: THAICOM, Cambodia, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Thailand
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)