Cambodia Digital TV News
Exset Advances Cambodian STB Services with Hyundai Digital Technology
Sep 11, 2012 – Exset has selected Hyundai Digital Technology (HDT) as its STB strategic partner, where HDT is presently providing MPEG4 Set-Top-Boxes (STBs) for One TV, the first nationwide digital terrestrial TV platform service in Cambodia.
News categories: Hyundai Digital Technology, Exset, One TV, Cambodia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
'One TV' DTT soft launches in Cambodia
Jul 25, 2012 – General Satellite and the Royal Group of Companies have announced the launch of a Pay Digital Terrestrial TV Platform for Cambodia. The 'One TV' service will have 60 channels in Khmer, English, Russian, Chinese, Vietnamese and other languages.
News categories: General Satellite, Royal Group, One TV, Cambodia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Royal Media Entertainment selects Exset Conditional Access and Middleware for DTT
Mar 5, 2012 – Exset has been selected as the CAS and Middleware provider by the Royal Media Group for its DTT platform. The platform is a Cambodian DTT service planned to have more than a hundred linear and non-linear services and channels.
News categories: Exset, Royal Group, Cambodia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Cambodia adopts Korea's T-DMB for mobile TV
Aug 25, 2010 – According to the Korea Communications Commission, Cambodia has adopted Korea's Digital Multimedia Broadcasting (DMB) standard, with a terrestrial mobile TV service due to be launched this year.
News categories: Korea Communications Commission, Cambodia, Digital TV, Mobile, T-DMB
Minerva Passes 200 IPTV Deployment Milestone
Aug 23, 2010 – Recent wins including Craw-Kan Telephone Cooperative and Swiftel Communications in North America, ICE in Costa Rica, PCCTV in Cambodia, and Palm Hills Development in the Middle East have increased the total number of Minerva’s worldwide IPTV deployments to over two hundred (200).
News categories: Minerva Networks, Cambodia, Costa Rica, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, USA
Thaicom DTV Service sells 246,000 dishes in 2009
Feb 19, 2010 – Thaicom (Bangkok:THCOM) has released its annual financial statements for 2009. In 2009, DTV Service Co. had a continued growth of DTV sales volume. At 2009-end, the number of DTV satellite dish sets sold thus far by DTV was 592,886.
News categories: Thaicom, DTV Service, Cambodia, Laos, Results, Satellite, Thailand
ASEAN reaches agreement on specifications for Set-top Boxes and Analogue Broadcasting Switch-off
Jun 19, 2008 – The 6th ASEAN Digital Broadcasting (ADB) Meeting in Singapore successfully concluded with officials agreeing on a common set of technical specifications for Standard Definition and High Definition digital set-top-boxes for ASEAN.
News categories: ASEAN, Brunei, Cambodia, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
THAICOM Announces First Quarter 2008 Results
May 14, 2008 – DTV Service Co, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Thaicom (SET BKK: THCOM), has announced that at the end of the first quarter a total of 145,762 DTV satellite dish sets had been sold since the service was launched in mid 2007.
News categories: THAICOM, Cambodia, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Thailand
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA