Côte d’Ivoire Digital TV News
Digital TV penetration accelerates in Sub-Saharan Africa
Jan 8, 2013 — About 35.3% of TV homes in Sub-Saharan Africa took digital signals by end-2012, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV Sub-Saharan Africa report forecasts that digital TV penetration will rocket to 95.5% by 2018 – with household numbers quadrupling to 49.0 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Angola, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Market Research, Nigeria, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
SES and Samsung unveil Africa's first TV with integrated FTA satellite receiver
Mar 23, 2012 — SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that Samsung (Seoul: 005930) will introduce an LED television with an integrated free-to-air satellite receiver that will be distributed in Nigeria, Ghana, Cote D’Ivoire, Senegal, DR Congo and Cameroon.
News categories: SES S.A., Samsung, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Congo, Ghana, Nigeria, Satellite, Senegal, Smart TV
SatLink Launches New DTH Platform to Africa on Astra 4A
Apr 19, 2009 — SatLink Communications has announced that it has acquired its own capacity covering sub-Saharan Africa on ASTRA's Astra 4A (Sirius 4) satellite located at 5° East. The MCPC platform is for DTH broadcasters aiming to cover the region.
News categories: SatLink, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Congo, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
GlobeCast launches new African DTH distribution platform on Astra 4A
Mar 3, 2009 — GlobeCast has announced that its African DTH platform has successfully started transmissions on SES ASTRA’s Astra 4A (Sirius 4) satellite. African broadcaster VoxAfrica is one of the first channels to sign up for the new platform.
News categories: GlobeCast, VoxAfrica, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Congo, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Africa's GTV goes into liquidation
Jan 30, 2009 — Gateway Broadcast Services, supplier of the GTV satellite service to subscribers across Africa over the last 2 years, has announced that its Board of Directors has unanimously approved a plan to liquidate the Company.
News categories: Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Congo, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe
CANAL OVERSEAS begins DVB-H trial in Côte d'Ivoire
Dec 4, 2008 — CANAL OVERSEAS AFRICA, a subsidiary of CANAL OVERSEAS and operator of CANALSAT HORIZONS in sub-Saharan Africa, has launched a CANALSAT MOBILE trial in Côte d'Ivoire - the first DVB-H mobile television service in Francophone Africa.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DVB-H, Mobile
A newcomer is shaking up satellite television in Africa
Aug 14, 2008 — Gateway Communications's satellite-television subsidiary GTV, a company created just over a year ago, has signed up more than 100,000 customers in 20 countries - which, it reckons, translates into 1.25m regular viewers.
News categories: Gateway Communications, GTV, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Congo, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Gateway Broadcast Services Selects MediaHighway® Middleware and EPG for its African Pay TV Service
Jul 31, 2008 — NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that Gateway Broadcast Services (GBS) has chosen MediaHighway® middleware and NDS Electronic Program Guide (EPG) to enhance its pay-TV satellite service for sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: NDS Group, GTV, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Congo, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results