Hong Kong (HK) Digital TV News
PCCW's now TV adds 43,000 subscribers in 2012
Feb 27, 2013 — PCCW Limited (SEHK: 0008) has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2012. During the year, now TV recorded a net gain of 43,000 customers with the total installed subscriber base reaching 1,183,000 by the end of December 2012.
News categories: PCCW, Hong Kong, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Hong Kong's now TV deploys Verimatrix VCAS for Internet TV
Dec 9, 2012 — Verimatrix has announced that PCCW's now TV is securing its over-the-top (OTT) video on demand (VoD) service with the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for Internet TV. now TV is Hong Kong's largest quad-play pay-TV provider.
News categories: Verimatrix, PCCW, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, OTT
15 million new IPTV subscribers added globally over the past year
Oct 16, 2012 — According to the latest figures published by the Broadband Forum, and prepared by broadband industry analysts Point Topic, globally 15.9 million IPTV subscribers were added over the last 12 months, and 3.57 million over the last quarter.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, Hong Kong, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, USA
Asia Pacific Pay TV penetration to reach 67% in 2017
Sep 24, 2012 — The Digital TV Consultancy has announced that the 'Digital TV Asia Pacific 2012' report has been added to its Market Research store. According to the report, Asia Pacific is undergoing a digital TV boom.
News categories: The Digital TV Consultancy, Asia, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Oceania, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Subscribers, Taiwan, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
Global IPTV subscribers to triple
Aug 1, 2012 — The number of homes paying for IPTV will rocket to 165 million by end-2017, up from 51 million at end-2011 and from only 7.5 million at end-2007, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Digital TV, Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, Subscribers, Taiwan, UAE, USA
Asia Pacific to add 440 million digital TV homes
May 18, 2012 — According to a new report from Digital TV Research, Asia Pacific is undergoing a digital TV boom that will see penetration increase from 36% in 2011 to 83% in 2017 – or up by 440 million homes.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, New Zealand, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Asia Pac TV market to pass one billion TV sets in 2012
Apr 24, 2012 — According to Informa Telecoms & Media, Asia Pacific is the world’s largest TV market and will pass the one billion TV sets mark this year. The region leads the way in terms of pay-TV subscribers with 394 million households taking pay-TV at the end of 2011.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Smart TV, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
Asia Pacific to add 400 million digital TV homes
Jun 6, 2011 — Asia Pacific is undergoing a digital TV boom that will see penetration increase from 29% in 2010 to 73% in 2016 – or up by nearly 400 million homes, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research Ltd, Asia, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Subscribers, Taiwan, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results