Armenia Digital TV News
EBU Members offered free applications to 'fast-track' launch of HbbTV
Feb 2, 2012 – European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Members will be offered generic applications to deploy Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) during the Olympics and the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC), when audiences peak.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Apps, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
EBU drive will bring Hybrid TV into European homes in 2012
Dec 1, 2011 – More than 20 EBU Members have agreed to collaborate to unlock the full potential of Hybrid TV for a European rollout of the technology in 2012. The announcement came as the EBU opened its 67th General Assembly, at the EBU headquarters, in Geneva.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, DVB-MHP, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, MHEG-5, Middleware, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart TV, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
VivaCell-MTS commercially launches mobile TV in Armenia
May 7, 2010 – VivaCell-MTS has announced the commercial launch of its Mobile TV service. Beginning on the May 17th subscribers will be able to watch nine TV channels in real time.
News categories: VivaCell, Armenia, Multiscreen
Armenia to move to digital TV broadcasting by 2015
Nov 13, 2009 – Armenia's Economy Minister, Nerses Yeritsyan, has said at a press briefing that the country will completely switch to digital broadcasting by 2015. According to him, the Armenian government has now officially endorsed the scheme.
News categories: Armenia, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Ericsson powers interactive TV for Ucom in Armenia
Jun 24, 2009 – Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) is bringing high-quality, interactive TV to viewers in Armenia through a deal with operator Ucom. Ericsson will deliver its IPTV solution including GPON technology in the first contract of its kind.
News categories: Ericsson, Ucom, Armenia, Digital TV, Fibre, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense