Armenia Digital TV News
EBU Members offered free applications to 'fast-track' launch of HbbTV
Feb 2, 2012 – European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Members will be offered generic applications to deploy Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) during the Olympics and the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC), when audiences peak.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Apps, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
EBU drive will bring Hybrid TV into European homes in 2012
Dec 1, 2011 – More than 20 EBU Members have agreed to collaborate to unlock the full potential of Hybrid TV for a European rollout of the technology in 2012. The announcement came as the EBU opened its 67th General Assembly, at the EBU headquarters, in Geneva.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, DVB-MHP, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, MHEG-5, Middleware, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart TV, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
VivaCell-MTS commercially launches mobile TV in Armenia
May 7, 2010 – VivaCell-MTS has announced the commercial launch of its Mobile TV service. Beginning on the May 17th subscribers will be able to watch nine TV channels in real time.
News categories: VivaCell, Armenia, Mobile
Armenia to move to digital TV broadcasting by 2015
Nov 13, 2009 – Armenia's Economy Minister, Nerses Yeritsyan, has said at a press briefing that the country will completely switch to digital broadcasting by 2015. According to him, the Armenian government has now officially endorsed the scheme.
News categories: Armenia, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Ericsson powers interactive TV for Ucom in Armenia
Jun 24, 2009 – Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) is bringing high-quality, interactive TV to viewers in Armenia through a deal with operator Ucom. Ericsson will deliver its IPTV solution including GPON technology in the first contract of its kind.
News categories: Ericsson, Ucom, Armenia, Digital TV, Fibre, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA