Burundi Digital TV News
East African Community Ministers Want Digital Broadcast Migration Expedited
Nov 14, 2011 — At the EAC's 9th Meeting of the Sectoral Council on Transport, Communications and Meteorology (TCM), ministers directed Partner States to expedite the process of putting in place legislation for the implementation of digital TV broadcasting.
News categories: East African Community, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Set Top Box, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Uganda
SES Joins Forces with Wananchi to Launch Zuku TV DTH in East Africa
May 30, 2011 — SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has joined forces with Kenyan television and broadband operator Wananchi to launch a new Direct-to-Home (DTH) line-up called Zuku TV in East Africa. Zuku TV is set to launch in July using SES capacity.
News categories: SES S.A., Wananchi, Zuku, Burundi, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Satellite, Tanzania, Uganda
Star DTV connects 200,000 in East Africa
Sep 24, 2010 — East African digital TV service provider StarTimes is reaching around 200,000 subscribers in the region according to its chief marketing officer in Uganda.
News categories: Star Software, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Subscribers, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Uganda
Wananchi and Cisco Sign Multiyear Contract to Take Triple Play to Next Level
Aug 2, 2010 — Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that the Wananchi Group, Africa's pioneering provider of triple-play and VSAT services, has signed a contract for the purchase of Cisco® network technology solutions and services in East Africa.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Wananchi, Burundi, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Infrastructure, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Set Top Box, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
SatLink Launches New DTH Platform to Africa on Astra 4A
Apr 19, 2009 — SatLink Communications has announced that it has acquired its own capacity covering sub-Saharan Africa on ASTRA's Astra 4A (Sirius 4) satellite located at 5° East. The MCPC platform is for DTH broadcasters aiming to cover the region.
News categories: SatLink, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Congo, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
GlobeCast launches new African DTH distribution platform on Astra 4A
Mar 3, 2009 — GlobeCast has announced that its African DTH platform has successfully started transmissions on SES ASTRA’s Astra 4A (Sirius 4) satellite. African broadcaster VoxAfrica is one of the first channels to sign up for the new platform.
News categories: GlobeCast, VoxAfrica, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Congo, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Africa's GTV goes into liquidation
Jan 30, 2009 — Gateway Broadcast Services, supplier of the GTV satellite service to subscribers across Africa over the last 2 years, has announced that its Board of Directors has unanimously approved a plan to liquidate the Company.
News categories: Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Congo, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Gateway Chooses NDS Content Protection for New African DTH Service
Feb 26, 2007 — NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it has been selected by Gateway Communications to provide a security system, featuring its VideoGuard® conditional access (CA), for GTV its newly created satellite TV service for Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: NDS Group, GTV, Botswana, Burundi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results