Nigeria Digital TV News
Nigeria's DAARSAT upgrades to next generation Conax content protection
Mar 13, 2013 – Conax has announced that Nigerian operator DAARSAT has reconfirmed its commitment to Conax as its security partner by upgrading to the Conax Contego Broadcast™ content security system. The new solution will aid DAARSAT in securing its DTH and DTT platforms.
News categories: Conax, DAAR, Content Protection, Nigeria, Satellite, Terrestrial
Kudelski saw strong growth in South America in 2012
Feb 28, 2013 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2012 annual results. 2012 was marked by strong demand for the Group's portfolio in South America, becoming the second largest market after the US for the Group.
News categories: Kudelski, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Middleware, Nigeria, Results, Tanzania
Digital TV penetration accelerates in Sub-Saharan Africa
Jan 8, 2013 – About 35.3% of TV homes in Sub-Saharan Africa took digital signals by end-2012, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV Sub-Saharan Africa report forecasts that digital TV penetration will rocket to 95.5% by 2018 - with household numbers quadrupling to 49.0 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Angola, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Market Research, Nigeria, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
StarTimes launches DVB-T2 across Africa
Dec 18, 2012 – StarTimes has announced the launch of DVB-T2 technology in several African countries including Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Mozambique and Tanzania. In Nigeria, StarTimes is collaborating with the Nigerian Television Network (NTA) to provide DTT services.
News categories: StarTimes, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Uganda
SES and Samsung unveil Africa's first TV with integrated FTA satellite receiver
Mar 23, 2012 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that Samsung (Seoul: 005930) will introduce an LED television with an integrated free-to-air satellite receiver that will be distributed in Nigeria, Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire, Senegal, DR Congo and Cameroon.
News categories: SES S.A., Samsung, Cameroon, Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Satellite, Senegal, Smart TV
Sub-Sahara Africa's 'My TV' Secures DTH Operations With Conax Chipset Pairing
Mar 7, 2012 – Conax has announced that Nigeria-based pay-tv operator My TV is further extending its 6-year relationship with security partner Conax and has committed to deploying a Conax Chipset Pairing solution for its satellite platform.
News categories: Conax, My TV, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Conditional Access, Congo, Digital TV, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Satellite, Seychelles, Tanzania, Togo, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Sub-Saharan Africa attracts global TV players
Feb 6, 2012 – Digital TV Research expects the pay TV subscriber total in Sub-Saharan Africa to double to 14.1 million by 2017, with DTH contributing 8.2 million and pay DTT chiming in with 5.2 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Market Research, Nigeria, Satellite, South Africa, Subscribers, Terrestrial
DStv Mobile Deploys Irdeto to Deliver Content to Viewers on the Go
Jun 6, 2011 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that it is securing and delivering live TV to mobile devices for DStv Mobile. In partnership with Korean manufacturer Valups, Irdeto is delivering content from DStv Mobile to a variety of different devices on the go.
News categories: Irdeto, DStv, Valups, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Multiscreen, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households