Ghana Digital TV News
Ghana issues minimum specification for DTT receivers
Feb 6, 2013 — The National Communications Authority (NCA) of Ghana has announced the release of Minimum Specifications for Receivers of Free to Air Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) in the country.
News categories: National Communications Authority, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Ghana, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Digital TV penetration accelerates in Sub-Saharan Africa
Jan 8, 2013 — About 35.3% of TV homes in Sub-Saharan Africa took digital signals by end-2012, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV Sub-Saharan Africa report forecasts that digital TV penetration will rocket to 95.5% by 2018 – with household numbers quadrupling to 49.0 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Angola, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Market Research, Nigeria, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Ghana Issues Free To Air DTT Receiver Minimum Requirements For Comment
May 3, 2012 — Ghana's National Communications Authority has published a draft standard for DTT receivers to ensure that all DTT receivers sold on the Ghanaian market conform to a minimum standard. The consultation expires on 25th May, 2012.
News categories: National Communications Authority, Digital TV, Ghana, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
SES and Samsung unveil Africa's first TV with integrated FTA satellite receiver
Mar 23, 2012 — SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that Samsung (Seoul: 005930) will introduce an LED television with an integrated free-to-air satellite receiver that will be distributed in Nigeria, Ghana, Cote D’Ivoire, Senegal, DR Congo and Cameroon.
News categories: SES S.A., Samsung, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Congo, Ghana, Nigeria, Satellite, Senegal, Smart TV
Sub-Sahara Africa's 'My TV' Secures DTH Operations With Conax Chipset Pairing
Mar 7, 2012 — Conax has announced that Nigeria-based pay-tv operator My TV is further extending its 6-year relationship with security partner Conax and has committed to deploying a Conax Chipset Pairing solution for its satellite platform.
News categories: Conax, My TV, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Conditional Access, Congo, Digital TV, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Satellite, Seychelles, Tanzania, Togo, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Ghana Adopts DVB-T2 for Digital Terrestrial TV Transmission
Sep 28, 2011 — Ghana's government has accepted the recommendation of its Digital Broadcasting Migration Committee (DBMC) to adopt the second generation Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) standard, DVB-T2, for digital terrestrial television in the country.
News categories: Digital Broadcasting Migration Committee, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Ghana, Terrestrial
DStv Mobile Deploys Irdeto to Deliver Content to Viewers on the Go
Jun 6, 2011 — Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that it is securing and delivering live TV to mobile devices for DStv Mobile. In partnership with Korean manufacturer Valups, Irdeto is delivering content from DStv Mobile to a variety of different devices on the go.
News categories: Irdeto, DStv, Valups, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Mobile, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa
SMART TV DTT launches in Ghana
May 12, 2010 — Ghana has become the first African country to have SMART TV, a new digital terrestrial television service. The service was launched by Next Generation Broadcasting AB (NGB) in collaboration with Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) with commercial roll-out expected in the coming weeks.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, Ghana Broadcasting Corporation, SMART TV, Digital TV, Ghana, Terrestrial
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market