Israel Digital TV News
Piracy clampdown boosts Middle East & North Africa pay TV revenues
Mar 6, 2013 — The number of pay TV homes in the Middle East and North Africa will double between 2011 and 2018 to 16.0 million, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report forecasts that fewer than 15% of TV households (analog and digital) legitimately paid for TV signals by end-2012. This proportion will climb to 21.6% by 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Algeria, Bahrain, Cable TV, Cyprus, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Syria, Terrestrial, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE
Israeli Broadcast Authority to launch OTT service for the London Olympics with CastUP
Jul 26, 2012 — The Israeli Broadcast Authority (IBA) has chosen CastUP’s multi-screen OTT platform and integration services for the launch of their new Over the Top (OTT) service in time for the London 2012 Olympics.
News categories: CastUP, Israeli Broadcast Authority, Digital TV, Israel, OTT, PC Video, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Pace helps Yes transition to advanced HD digital services in Israel
Jan 11, 2012 — Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it has signed a partnership deal with 'yes' in Israel. Under the agreement, Pace will provide new platforms to enable Yes to deploy HD digital services, including HD Video on Demand, to its customers.
News categories: Pace plc, 'yes', Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, Set Top Box
Middle East and Africa rapid digital TV conversion continues, but few pay
May 30, 2011 — Digital TV penetration for the 18 countries covered in the Digital TV Middle East & Africa report is already approaching two-thirds of the total. Digital TV Research forecasts that digital penetration will reach 81% of TV households by 2016.
News categories: Digital TV Research Ltd, Algeria, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, Jordan, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Satellite, South Africa, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Turkey
‘YES’ Selects Celeno to participate in Wi-Fi trial for the new Over-the-Top VOD service
Mar 22, 2011 — Celeno Communications has announced that Israel's 'yes' has selected a Celeno Wi-Fi chipset to participate in a home network trial which will enable its customers to use wireless streaming of SD/HD Video on Demand (VoD) services in the home.
News categories: Celeno, 'yes', Home Networking, Israel, Satellite, Semiconductor, TVConnect, Wireless
Satellite Operator 'yes' Debuts Over-the-Top On-Demand Service Powered by Harmonic
Sep 10, 2010 — Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that 'yes' DBS Satellite Services has deployed Harmonic's MediaPrism™ converged video suite as part of its recently launched video on demand (VOD) service, delivered to subscribers over-the-top (OTT).
News categories: Harmonic Inc, 'yes', IBC, Infrastructure, Israel, Satellite
Bezeq yes subscribers unchanged in 1Q10
May 4, 2010 — Bezeq (TASE: BEZQ) has announced its results for the first quarter, ended March 31, 2010. 'yes' subscribers increased 2.0% year-over-year to 571,000 and 'yes' launched its IP-based VOD service (YESMax Total) to customers during the quarter.
News categories: Bezeq, 'yes', Israel, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Yes Launches NDS VOD Service Using Progressive Download Technology
Mar 23, 2010 — NDS has announced that Yes, the sole provider of satellite television in Israel, has launched NDS’ VOD service, based on Progressive Download (PDL) technology, for its hybrid satellite-IP digital video recorder (DVR) platform.
News categories: NDS Group, 'yes', Digital TV, Israel, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, TVConnect
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results