Israel Digital TV News
Altech Multimedia and 'yes' Israel extend partnership
Nov 13, 2013 – Altech Multimedia and DBS Satellite Services ('YES') have signed an agreement for the provision of a new generation of set-top boxes to the Israeli satellite pay-TV provider. The set-top boxes are based Broadcom chipsets.
News categories: Altech Multimedia, 'yes', Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs HomePlugAV chosen by 'yes' for VoD and multi-room
Aug 5, 2013 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) has announced that 'yes', an Israeli satellite provider, has chosen Sigma Designs, to help strengthen their video-on-demand and multi-room customer services.
News categories: Sigma Designs, 'yes', Home Networking, Israel, Satellite, Semiconductor
Piracy clampdown boosts Middle East & North Africa pay TV revenues
Mar 6, 2013 – The number of pay TV homes in the Middle East and North Africa will double between 2011 and 2018 to 16.0 million, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report forecasts that fewer than 15% of TV households (analog and digital) legitimately paid for TV signals by end-2012. This proportion will climb to 21.6% by 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Algeria, Bahrain, Cable TV, Cyprus, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Syria, Terrestrial, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE
Israeli Broadcast Authority to launch OTT service for the London Olympics with CastUP
Jul 26, 2012 – The Israeli Broadcast Authority (IBA) has chosen CastUP's multi-screen OTT platform and integration services for the launch of their new Over the Top (OTT) service in time for the London 2012 Olympics.
News categories: CastUP, Israeli Broadcast Authority, Digital TV, Israel, OTT, PC Video, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Pace helps Yes transition to advanced HD digital services in Israel
Jan 11, 2012 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it has signed a partnership deal with 'yes' in Israel. Under the agreement, Pace will provide new platforms to enable Yes to deploy HD digital services, including HD Video on Demand, to its customers.
News categories: Pace plc, 'yes', Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, Set Top Box
Middle East and Africa rapid digital TV conversion continues, but few pay
May 30, 2011 – Digital TV penetration for the 18 countries covered in the Digital TV Middle East & Africa report is already approaching two-thirds of the total. Digital TV Research forecasts that digital penetration will reach 81% of TV households by 2016.
News categories: Digital TV Research Ltd, Algeria, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, Jordan, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Satellite, South Africa, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Turkey
'YES' Selects Celeno to participate in Wi-Fi trial for the new Over-the-Top VOD service
Mar 22, 2011 – Celeno Communications has announced that Israel's 'yes' has selected a Celeno Wi-Fi chipset to participate in a home network trial which will enable its customers to use wireless streaming of SD/HD Video on Demand (VoD) services in the home.
News categories: Celeno, 'yes', Home Networking, Israel, Satellite, Semiconductor, TVConnect, Wireless
Satellite Operator 'yes' Debuts Over-the-Top On-Demand Service Powered by Harmonic
Sep 10, 2010 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that 'yes' DBS Satellite Services has deployed Harmonic's MediaPrism™ converged video suite as part of its recently launched video on demand (VOD) service, delivered to subscribers over-the-top (OTT).
News categories: Harmonic Inc, 'yes', IBCShow, Infrastructure, Israel, Satellite
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense