Morocco Digital TV News
Télédiffusion d'Algérie to broadcast to whole of Middle East via DTH
Nov 7, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Télédiffusion d'Algérie (TDA) have announced the signature of a capacity agreement on the EUTELSAT 7 West A satellite. The contract opens access to TDA for homes equipped for DTH satellite reception.
News categories: Eutelsat, Télédiffusion d'Algérie, Algeria, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Libya, Mauritania, Middle-East, Morocco, Satellite, Tunisia
Piracy clampdown boosts Middle East & North Africa pay TV revenues
Mar 6, 2013 – The number of pay TV homes in the Middle East and North Africa will double between 2011 and 2018 to 16.0 million, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report forecasts that fewer than 15% of TV households (analog and digital) legitimately paid for TV signals by end-2012. This proportion will climb to 21.6% by 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Algeria, Bahrain, Cable TV, Cyprus, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Syria, Terrestrial, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE
Middle East and Africa rapid digital TV conversion continues, but few pay
May 30, 2011 – Digital TV penetration for the 18 countries covered in the Digital TV Middle East & Africa report is already approaching two-thirds of the total. Digital TV Research forecasts that digital penetration will reach 81% of TV households by 2016.
News categories: Digital TV Research Ltd, Algeria, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, Jordan, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Satellite, South Africa, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Turkey
Orbit Showtime Network to switch-off 5 million TV pirates
Dec 7, 2010 – Orbit Showtime Network (OSN) is giving all of its subscribers new set-top boxes between now and December 19th when it will switch to a new 'unhackable' conditional access system.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Algeria, Bahrain, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Syria, UAE, Yemen
IPTV still in a nascent state in the Arab World
Feb 25, 2010 – According to the Arab Advisors Group, eight service providers in seven countries in the Arab World offered commercial IPTV services in January 2010, up from four service providers in three countries offering IPTV in August 2007.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
IPTV remains in a nascent state in the Arab World
Jun 8, 2009 – According to the Arab Advisors Group, seven service providers in six countries in the Arab World were offering commercial IPTV services as of May 2009. FTA channels and piracy remain the main obstacles facing IPTV uptake in the region.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, Fibre, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
Launch Of The Package 'Le Bouquet De Canal+' In Morocco
Apr 21, 2009 – CANAL OVERSEAS (Paris: VIV) has announced the launch in Morocco of LE BOUQUET DE CANAL+, the number one French language satellite package in Northern Africa.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, ARABSAT, Digital TV, Morocco, Satellite
CoreTrust secures ART Satellite Hybrid IP-VOD
Apr 6, 2009 – CoreTrust conditional access 'CoreCrypt for IPTV' will secure the content of the Satellite Hybrid IP-VOD service that will be launched later this year by ART (Arab Radio and Television Network) in the Middle East region.
News categories: CoreTrust, ART, Algeria, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Libya, Morocco, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Syria
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense