Maroc Telecom launches OTT platform with MolotovMonday, July 5th, 2021
Maroc Telecom launches its OTT platform with Molotov Solutions
- Molotov Solutions to create and operate Maroc Telecom’s new OTT television platform, MT TV “La télé by Maroc Telecom” launching this week
PARIS — Maroc Telecom is leveraging the technology platform developed by Molotov, the leading French streaming service, to launch an innovative OTT service with over 80 live channels and thousands of hours of catch-up TV and on-demand programs in Morocco. This service is accessible from iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, web browsers, Chromecast, Android TV and Apple TV and very soon on Samsung Smart TV.
MT TV “TV by Maroc Telecom” has been developed through a partnership between Molotov Solutions and Digital Virgo, relying on their combined expertise, technology and key product features:
- Cloud-based video platform with Live, Catch-up and “On Demand” programs;
- Digital Virgo’s payment technology for both mobile and landlines;
- Complete back office offering interface control, content editorialization, user and offer management, and data analysis;
- Localization of the application in Arabic, with inversion of the interface (Right to Left UI);
- Mobile and tablet applications (iOS and Android), web responsive directly in browsers and on large screens with Chromecast, Android TV and Apple TV;
- Key features such as multilingualism, delinearization of streaming programs, individual tracking, parental controls, and many others;
- International and local content adapted to the Moroccan market.
The consumer offer consists of 3 packages, composed of local and international linear channels, as well as premium SVOD offers such as Starz Arabia, OSN and PlayVOD.
With this comprehensive OTT service, Maroc Telecom can address all its customers’ (mobile, ADSL or fiber) present and future needs with a complete and scalable TV offer.
“We are proud to support a major global operator such as Maroc Telecom in its digital transformation towards OTT. This collaboration demonstrates the unique strength of our technology and our team’s ability to work on large-scale projects,” said François Le Pichon, COO of Molotov Solutions.
“We are pleased to bring this ambitious project to fruition with Maroc Telecom, one of our historical partners in Morocco and Africa. This alliance with Molotov Solutions allows us to enhance our value proposition for telecom operators in the field of high value-added OTT services,” said Achraf Ammour, Sales and Partnership Director of Digital Virgo Morocco.
“The momentum around Molotov Solutions (Molotov’s B2B division launched last year), and the volume of inbound interest we receive, clearly show that the industry has begun the shift towards streaming, which requires both resources and technical expertise, as well as a native understanding of these markets,” said JeanDavid Blanc, Molotov’s CEO.
Links: Molotov; Digital Virgo; Maroc Telecom
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution