Panama Digital TV News
Panama to launch DVB-T broadcasting in September
Jan 25, 2011 — According to Panama's Autoridad Nacional de los Servicios Públicos (ASEP), the country will begin its DVB-T implementation in September this year.
News categories: Autoridad Nacional de los Servicios Públicos, Digital TV, Panama, Terrestrial
Claro receives DTH licence for Panama
Mar 23, 2010 — Panama's Autoridad Nacional de los Servicios Públicos has granted a licence to América Móvil's Claro to launch a DTH satellite TV service in the country. The licence is for 25 years, and the service must begin within three years.
News categories: América Móvil, Autoridad Nacional de los Servicios Públicos, Digital TV, Panama, Regulation, Satellite
Sky Mexico adds 140k subscribers in 4Q09
Feb 25, 2010 — Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV; BMV: TLEVISA CPO) has announced results for 2009. During the fourth quarter, Sky added 143 thousand subscribers of which 140 thousand were in Mexico and three thousand were in Central America and the Dominican Republic.
News categories: Grupo Televisa, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Panama, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Panama begins DVB-T broadcasting
Dec 10, 2009 — On December 10, 2009, Panama's state television operator, SERTV, began digital terrestrial television (DTT) broadcasting. The DVB-T service is on Channel 41 as defined by the Autoridad Nacional de los Servicios Públicos (ASEP).
News categories: SERTV, ASEP, Digital TV, Panama, Terrestrial
Cable & Wireless Panamá launches digital TV with Motorola
Nov 26, 2009 — The Home & Networks Mobility business unit of Motorola has announced that it has been selected by Cable & Wireless, a leading telecommunications companies worldwide, as a technology provider for its new Digital TV service in Panama, '+TV Digital'.
News categories: Motorola, Cable & Wireless, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Panama
Cable & Wireless Partners with Move Networks to Offer IPTV Services Globally
Sep 10, 2009 — CWI, Cable & Wireless’ international telecoms business, has announced that it has signed a partnership with Move Networks paving the way for a roll-out of IP-based TV services across CWI’s global operations.
News categories: Move Networks, CWI, Afghanistan, Algeria, Caribbean, Channel Islands, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Macau, Middleware, Monaco, Oceania, Panama, Seychelles
Kudelski completes transition of CA to a service model
Aug 28, 2009 — The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced its half year 2009 results. During this period, the Group started to reap the fruits of the migration of a significant share of its digital TV conditional access deployed base to the service model.
News categories: Kudelski, Advertising, Brazil, Cable TV, Canada, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Germany, IBC, Infrastructure, IPTV, Mexico, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV, Spain, Subscribers, Terrestrial, USA, Vietnam
Panama adopts DVB-T for DTT
May 12, 2009 — According to Panama's official gazette, the government has decreed (Decreto Ejecutivo Nº 96) that DVB-T should be the standard for digital TV transmission in the country.
News categories: Digital TV, Panama, Terrestrial
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results