China (中国) Digital TV News
Gaming Consoles Lead Global Connected TV Usage
Apr 9, 2013 — With growing interest in streaming content, online gaming, and apps on TVs, households are increasingly finding ways to connect their TVs to the Internet. In several developed countries, game consoles have become the most popular way to make that connection, according to NPD DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Blu-ray, China, Digital TV, DVD, France, Games Console, Germany, Italy, Japan, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK, USA
Henan Cable deploys next generation Motorola DVB-C HD set-tops
Mar 21, 2013 — Henan Cable has chosen Motorola Mobility's HMC3000 DVB-C HD set-top boxes as a major technological component in its plan to digitize its set-top portfolio and capitalize on increasing demand for digital video services.
News categories: Motorola, Henan Cable, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Set Top Box
Entropic, Telepath Deliver First AVS+ HD Set-Top Box Platform for China
Mar 21, 2013 — Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Telepath Technologies have announced the first AVS+ HD set-top box platform for China satellite, cable/IP and terrestrial markets. The platform, integrated with the latest STB SoC from Entropic, supports AVS-P16 (AVS+) and includes advanced security.
News categories: Entropic, Telepath, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ALi Corp cumulative STB chipset shipments for China cable exceed 10 million units
Mar 4, 2013 — ALi Corporation has announced that cumulative shipments of its standard definition STB chipsets have reached 10 million units in the China cable pay TV market, with coverage in 23 provinces and regions.
News categories: ALi Corp, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
PCCW's now TV adds 43,000 subscribers in 2012
Feb 27, 2013 — PCCW Limited (SEHK: 0008) has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2012. During the year, now TV recorded a net gain of 43,000 customers with the total installed subscriber base reaching 1,183,000 by the end of December 2012.
News categories: PCCW, Hong Kong, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Tencent Licenses Intertrust's Marlin DRM Solutions to Protect its Online Video Service
Jan 10, 2013 — Intertrust Technologies has announced that Tencent has licensed its trusted suite of Marlin DRM solutions to protect video streams and downloads on Tencent's online video platform in China.
News categories: Intertrust, Tencent, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
19.74 million IPTV subscribers in China at end-3Q 2012
Dec 27, 2012 — According to figures from China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology there were 19.74 million IPTV subscribers in China at the end of the third quarter of 2012.
News categories: Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Hong Kong's now TV deploys Verimatrix VCAS for Internet TV
Dec 9, 2012 — Verimatrix has announced that PCCW's now TV is securing its over-the-top (OTT) video on demand (VoD) service with the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for Internet TV. now TV is Hong Kong's largest quad-play pay-TV provider.
News categories: Verimatrix, PCCW, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, OTT
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results