Movistar relaunches Movistar Plus+ with new streaming TV serviceFriday, July 21st, 2023
Movistar relaunches Movistar Plus+ and includes a new streaming TV service
- The new proposal will be available for miMovistar customers and for the entire market, regardless the operator, through the OTT mode by August 1st.
- The service includes: one movie premiere per day, the main sports events, original and international series, documentaries and entertainment programs, as well as one match of LaLiga and of the Champions League per day.
- Movistar Plus+ is reinforced with the launch of a new reference channel (on dial 7) and others such as Cinema, Series, Documentaries, Music, Originals and a pop-up channel every month.
MADRID — Movistar strengthens its entertainment, fiction and sports television offer with the relaunch of Movistar Plus+, from August 1st onwards, by offering a new and reinforced television service that will be available to miMovistar customers and will also be open to the public, regardless of the operator, in OTT mode.
The new programming includes a wide variety of exclusive and quality content: premiere movies, series, the best sports competitions, documentaries, entertainment such as cartoons and music, and a LaLiga and Champions League match every day. In this way, the operator strengthens its television offer with a pioneering value proposition, which brings together different content capable of covering the diverse needs and tastes of customers and households, and which is positioned as a unique and differential offer by bringing together sports, with soccer as the main reference; fiction, with a wide range of films and series; and entertainment, through a varied range of programs and documentaries.
New channels and more content
This relaunch includes the incorporation of new channels, with the linear Movistar Plus+ channel (dial 7) as the centerpiece of the new television offering and flagship channel that will concentrate the platform’s most relevant content, including all new fiction, programs such as La Resistencia, music, documentaries and key events in sports competitions such as the NBA, ACB, tennis and rugby, in addition to the Movistar Plus+ Liga and Champions League matches.
On this flagship channel of the platform, four original thematic channels are created: Movies, Series, Music and Documentaries. Originals and a pop-up channel are also added to the offer every month, in addition to Vamos, Ellas Vamos, a channel of La Resistencia 24 horas, regional channels and all the channels present on DTT.
Specifically, the new Movistar Plus+ service includes:
- Cinema with a daily premiere to which is added a wide range of commercial cinema, the films awarded at the Oscars as well as the ceremony exclusively, feature films recognized at major festivals and a wide range of Spanish cinema.
- Series with all Movistar Plus+ originals and a selection of international fiction with simultaneous premieres on U.S. screens.
- Sports such as basketball, rugby, tennis… with the best matches of competitions such as the NBA, the Endesa League with the ACB Cup, the NFL with the Superbowl, the Six Nations tournament, the German Bundesliga, the Italian Serie A, LaLiga Hypermotion (Second Division), the Spanish Super Cup and Wimbledon and the Masters 1000.
- Soccer with a LaLiga match and a Champions League match every day, matches that will be announced weekly and will be selected according to the interest of the competitions.
- Documentaries of all genres and the most outstanding of the international and national panorama, with productions of brands such as BBC and the best of the ‘true crime’ genre.
- Entertainment and music with the programs La Resistencia, El Día Después, Ilustres Ignorantes and novelties such as That’s my Jam, as well as concerts and major festivals.
- The usual TV (DTT) integrated into the platform, in addition to international series and movie channels (FOX, AXN, Warner TV, TCM, Canal Hollywood…), documentaries and fiction (National Geographic, History Channel, Cooking Channel,…), children´s (Nickelodeon, Baby TV,…) and information (BBC, CNN,….).
How to watch the new proposal
The miMovistar clients who already have the MovistarPlus Essential package will see their programming automatically reinforced and updated as this new service evolves, without having to do anything, for the same price (11 euros) and with the possibility of accessing other premium packages with all the football or the best TV fiction. That way, the Movistar Plus+ offer can be completed with exclusive options of Movistar as “Total Futbol” (Fútbol Total), that includes all the competition matches; “Total Sports” (Deportes Total), with all the matches and sports competitions exclusively; “Total Fiction” (Ficción Total) with all thematic films and fiction; and the possibility of integrating streaming applications, such as Netflix.
Likewise, any miMovistar customer who does not have the Esencial package can sign up for the new Movistar Plus+ service for 11 euros per month through the usual Movistar channels (shops, 1004 and movistar.es).
All the other customers, regardless who´s their operator, can also subscribe to Movistar Plus+, for 14 euros per month and in OTT mode (streaming via APP through www.movistarplus.es).
Complete television experience
Customers who subscribe to Movistar Plus+ will benefit from Movistar TV functionalities that optimise the user experience, such as the possibility of rewinding even in a live broadcast (live control); the option of adapting the viewing of content to timetables (recording or programming); availability also on mobile phones, on any TV or device (multi-device); or the ability to retrieve on-demand content broadcast on any channel in the last seven days.
Additionally, customers with Movistar communications will enjoy a complete TV experience thanks to home TV equipment (Ultra HD set-top box and remote control) that enables more stable and lag-free live TV consumption, access to the latest viewing technologies, higher resolutions and compatibility with sound standards such as HDR (High Dynamic Range) and Dolby Atmos, as well as integrated search and access to third-party content such as Netflix.
Automatic improvements in miMovistar communications
To coincide with the launch of Movistar Plus+, Movistar is also improving its miMovistar communications offer automatically, also from August, 1st.
Thus, customers who already have or who contract miMovistar Max with a speed of 300 Mb will see it doubled to 600 Mb automatically.
Customers of the miMovistar Unlimited package will also experience an improvement in the performance of their second mobile line thanks to an increase to 30 Gb of their capacity to transmit and receive data.
Links: Movistar Plus