Digital TV News: Astro
FilmFlex Selects Irdeto to Protect On-Demand Movies on iOS and Android Devices
Mar 5, 2013 — Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that FilmFlex has selected the company to secure its premium entertainment assets on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. FilmFlex is using Irdeto's ActiveCloak™ to ensure the content delivered by FilmFlex customers is secured according to the robustness rules imposed by studios.
News categories: Irdeto, FilmFlex, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere, UK
Maxis IPTV service with Astro on track to launch end-1Q 2013
Feb 26, 2013 — Malaysia's Maxis has released fourth quarter year 2012 results. After piloting Astro B.yond IPTV with Maxis Home Fibre Internet service in Maxis' own fibre footprint in December 2012, the company plans a full launch at the end of 1Q 2013.
News categories: Maxis, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, Results
Technicolor and Malaysia's Astro reinforce their cooperation
Oct 16, 2012 — Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that, further to the delivery of a first batch of MediaPlay HD MPEG-4 set-top boxes, Astro has granted Technicolor an additional contract for the same platform, to be delivered in the coming months.
News categories: Technicolor, Astro, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
TIME-Setia Haruman Fibre Collaboration Brings 100Mbps Internet Speeds to Cyberjaya
Oct 16, 2012 — TIME dotCom and Setia Haruman have announced they will collaborate to deploy 100% fibre services to new homes and offices in Cyberjaya, Malaysia's ICT hub, giving up to 100Mbps broadband and enabling subscription to TIME's Astro B.yond IPTV packages.
News categories: TIME dotCom, Setia Haruman, Fibre, IPTV, Malaysia
Irdeto multi-screen solution selected for Astro On-the-Go
Jun 19, 2012 — Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Astro has selected the company's patented Broadband multi-screen TV services and ActiveCloak™ for Media solutions to launch Astro On-the-Go (OTG), a new over-the-top (OTT) service for connected devices.
News categories: Irdeto, Astro, CommunicAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Malaysia, OTT
Mediaset Subsidiary RTI Chooses Irdeto ActiveCloak™ for Media to Secure and Deliver Content to iOS Devices
Jun 6, 2012 — Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Mediaset subsidiary RTI has chosen Irdeto ActiveCloak™ for Media to secure VoD and live streaming content through its Premium Play application for iOS devices, in particular iPads and iPhones.
News categories: Irdeto, Mediaset, Content Protection, Italy, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Malaysia's Astro launches 'Astro On-The-Go' for iPad
May 30, 2012 — Astro On-The-Go is initially available to Astro customers as a free preview on the iPad. The commercial roll out starts on 1 September 2012. During this phase, Astro On-The-Go will be extended to Android devices.
News categories: Astro, Malaysia, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Astro launches free-to-air satellite TV in Malaysia
Feb 18, 2012 — Astro has announced the launch of Njoi, a subscription-free satellite TV service for Malaysia. Njoi, which comprises an STB, dish, smartcard and remote control, is available for a one-time payment of RM288, plus RM100 for installation.
News categories: Astro, Digital TV, LNB, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results