discovery+ now available at no extra charge to Sky TV subscribersMonday, January 16th, 2023
Sky TV customers to get discovery+, including its full entertainment and sports line up at no extra cost, saving £6.99 a month
- They can now enjoy Sky TV, Netflix, Peacock and discovery+ from £1 a day
Sky TV’s offering has just got even bigger and better as discovery+ is now available at no extra charge to Sky TV subscribers
Sky Q, Sky Glass and Sky Stream customers can now sign up for discovery+ as part of their monthly Sky TV subscription, saving £6.99/€6.99 a month*.
Sky TV customers already enjoying the 12-months’ discovery+ Entertainment pass will now be able to access the discovery+ Entertainment and Sport service on an ongoing basis as part of their Sky TV package. Those customers will be automatically upgraded.
Featuring eye-opening documentaries, must-see reality, exclusive originals spanning true crime, paranormal, dating and relationships, home, food, plus some of the most exciting live sports events, Sky TV customers can enjoy a bumper discovery+ line-up, highlights include:
- The 2023 Australian Open and Roland-Garros tennis, more than 300 days of cycling – including the Tour de France – and every moment of Olympic Games Paris 2024
- Real-life courtroom drama in Vardy vs Rooney: The Wagatha Trial which looks at the two sides of the libel trial that made headlines worldwide
- Brand-new TV dating experiment, Written in the Stars, in which 12 intrepid contestants put their fate in the hands of the world’s top astrologers, plus reality favourites including 90 Day Fiancé and Beauty and the Geek
- A unique look into the passion projects of Richard Hammond and Peter Crouch through entertaining and heart-warming docu-series Richard Hammond’s Workshop and award-winning Peter Crouch: Save Our Beautiful Game
- Detailed analysis and a look behind some of the most high-profile crime stories with the Faking It specials
Elizabeth Wynn, Managing Director, Sky TV, said: “We know value is incredibly important right now, so we’re pleased to bring discovery+ to our Sky TV customers at no extra cost, saving £6.99 a month. Offering even more incredible entertainment and sport to enjoy this year for less. And if you’re a Sky Stream or Sky Glass customer, you can stream all this content, including must-watch TV, world-class film and thrilling sport straight over wi-fi with no dish, bringing together all your channels, shows and apps into one place.”
Antonio Ruiz, GM UK & Ireland Warner Bros. Discovery, said: “We’re delighted to build on our partnership with Sky and give Sky TV subscribers in the UK & Ireland access to both discovery+ Entertainment and Sport as part of their Sky TV subscription. Through this offering we can bring our extensive real-life entertainment and exciting sports line-up, with the Australian Open starting today, to even more Sky customers.”
The addition of discovery+ allows Sky customers to enjoy even more great entertainment and sport at no extra cost. The Sky Ultimate TV pack opens up the world of Sky and includes over 150 channels and 100,000 hours of aggregated content, Sky exclusives such as 2022’s big hit House of the Dragon, along with Netflix Basic, Peacock and now discovery+ – all from £1 a day.
Seamlessly integrated, the discovery+ app is easy to find via the Apps rail on Sky Glass, Sky Stream and Sky Q. To sign up, simply head to the discovery+ app on Sky, or say ‘Get discovery plus’ to your Sky Glass or into your Sky Q/Sky Stream voice remote.
* Current price as of January 2023
Customers with Sky Q Essentials, Sky Q Lite, and Sky+ unfortunately can’t access discovery+ content at no extra cost